X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VO said visa issued but needs some additional administration processing

Hi,
    Interview Date: Jan 17, 2017
    VO says that I applied for STEM extension and at the same time I received my H1B. So, some information is not been synched between systems. STEM is managed by Homeland Security and there happened to be some glitch and that resulted some information being missing in their system. I have no action to take but it takes 2-3 weeks to process.
    I have return flight ticket booked for Jan 27 3 AM but i might miss if I do not hear back quickly.
    Please advise what can I do.

Thanks,
    Sree

Comment

waiting

Originally posted by KKPI View Post
      Hello Jith06 - Do you see any update for your case or any documents they requested for?
      Hello KKPI,

Do you have any update on your application? I dont have any. It has been 27 calendar days for me with no update.

Comment

VISA approved but stuck in AP

Originally posted by sreevathsan View Post
        Hi,
        Interview Date: Jan 17, 2017
        VO says that I applied for STEM extension and at the same time I received my H1B. So, some information is not been synched between systems. STEM is managed by Homeland Security and there happened to be some glitch and that resulted some information being missing in their system. I have no action to take but it takes 2-3 weeks to process.
        I have return flight ticket booked for Jan 27 3 AM but i might miss if I do not hear back quickly.
        Please advise what can I do.

Thanks,
        Sree
        I am in the same boat mate! I had my interview on 12th and status is showing AP since then. Like you I had applied for STEM extension and at the same time I received my H1B (and then I changed my employer too).

Comment

Case Created?

Originally posted by rahkamath View Post
          Hey

Case Created: 23rd Jan Mumbai Consulate [Was in Admin Processing even though i was approved by the Officer]
          Case Updated: 13th Jan ISSUED

Passport Status : 16th Jan Ready for pickup

Picked up my passport with my H1B Stamp.
          Big relief, best of luck .

FYI: No documents were requested. Not sure why it went into Admin Processing
          Hi rahkamath, When was your case created? The date written above seems to be incorrect. Were you on OPT prior to applying for h1b?

- - - Updated - - -

Hello All,

I attended the H1B Visa interview on 23-Dec-2016 at Hyderabad Consulate.

Here is the interview update:

Who is your employer: ***Infotech
          Who is your Client: *** Inc
          May I see the I-797: Here it is...
          What is your highest degree: Master in computer science

Then he typed something for 20 seconds, and said system is not responding, after another 20 seconds, he said 'I need to send this for Admin-Processing'. VO officer returned my I-797 and kept my passport. Its 1/13 and no update yet. I have to hold of my travel plan due to this :-(

Guys, please share if any one of you have attended the interview on 23-Dec at Hyde consulate and going through similar situation.
          Hey KKPI, any possibility that you got both stem extension and h1b at the same time?I got both of them together and my case is in AP so thought it might be a possibility with you as well.

Comment

Update?

Originally posted by NRD View Post
            HIi,
            I'm in the same boat. Had my H1 consular interview on 29th at Mumbai and case was approved without any slip issued. They said my passport will be ready for pick up in 5-7 days and my case still shows admin processing. From 29th , the last updated date changed to 10th Jan today. Any leads on this ? I have emailed the consulate today and am awaiting their response.
            Hi NRD, any update with your case? I am in the same boat!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by hanutsu View Post
            Hi everyone!
            I just found out that my case is under 'Administrative processing' too. I attended my OFC appointment on Dec 20 and H1B interview on 21st. The VO said that my visa was approved and that the Passport will be mailed to me in bangalore in a few days. Passport tracker says 'No status update available for this passport'. I sent an email to us travel docs requesting for an update. Hope this gets resolved soon (will be traveling on Jan 16) and hope it has nothing to do with the change in policies of new government coming into power in a few days!
            Hi hanutsu, any update?

Comment

Waiting still

Originally posted by jith06 View Post
              Hello KKPI,

Do you have any update on your application? I dont have any. It has been 27 calendar days for me with no update.
              Hey Jith06, not yet, yes 27 calendar days for me too. Just waiting with out passport. Please let me know if you hear from them.

Comment

Hello KKPI,

Yes , lets hope for the best !!
                Hello h1bappl2017, did your status change or any documentation request you got? Please share...

Comment

waiting on administrative processing

Hi Guys,

I had my visa interview on Dec 29 2016 at Hyderabad consulate. The VO said the visa is approved. I had a valid F1 visa till 2019. She said she will cancel that visa since I had no use of it. I said OK. Since then my case was stuck in adminstrative processing. They did not ask for extra documents. It has been more than 3 weeks but there is no update. I got stuck here. I apprached the embassy they said they cannot expedite the process, all I can do is wait.

Hoping it will get cleared next week.

Comment

Same situation

Originally posted by jrsatti View Post
                    Hi Guys,

I had my visa interview on Dec 29 2016 at Hyderabad consulate. The VO said the visa is approved. I had a valid F1 visa till 2019. She said she will cancel that visa since I had no use of it. I said OK. Since then my case was stuck in adminstrative processing. They did not ask for extra documents. It has been more than 3 weeks but there is no update. I got stuck here. I apprached the embassy they said they cannot expedite the process, all I can do is wait.

Hello Jrsatti,

I have the same issue like you but my interview was on 23rd december. Cancelled my flight ticket today. I think there is SEVIS and PIMS issue going on with homeland security and consulates, thats the reason for delay. There are several people who are having the same issue.
                    Join in this group there are a lot of people who are facing the same issue here.

Thanks
                    Last edited by Antonise; 01-20-2017, 10:55 AM. Reason: Banned Link

Comment

Thanks for the info. Can you please PM me the link of the group? Seems like the moderator has deleted the link you posted. Thanks

Hello Jrsatti,

I have the same issue like you but my interview was on 23rd december. Cancelled my flight ticket today. I think there is SEVIS and PIMS issue going on with homeland security and consulates, thats the reason for delay. There are several people who are having the same issue.
                      Join in this group there are a lot of people who are facing the same issue here.

Thanks

Comment

Waiting

Hello KKPI,

Hello KKPI,

Any update on your application? I don't have any .

Comment

Hello Jrsatti,

Thanks
                          Hi Jrsatti,

Did you read somewhere about an ongoing SEVIS and PIMS issue?

Comment

Still Waiting

Hello KKPI,

Any update on your application? I don't have any .
                            Hello jith06 - No update yet, 30 days!!!

Comment

Administrative Processing

Hello jith06 - No update yet, 30 days!!!
                              Hi everyone,

I gave my interview on 19th at Hyd Consulate. VO told me that my VISA is approved and I can pick it up in 3-5 business days. The CEAC status shows as 'Administrative Processing'. Please let me know if this is the case for everyone who appeared for the VISA interview last week.

Thanks.

Comment

Visa approved stuck in administrative processing

Hello,

I also had my interview on 29th Dec at Hyd consulate. VO said visa was approved. No slips given, no documents requested. Upon my inquiry with consulate, the reply said it is undergoing mandatory processing and they can't expedite it. They said all non-immigrant visa applications have to go through processing before visa issuance. Case update date is still 29th Dec. Passport status says "No update available". I canceled my return flight tickets and patiently waiting for status change to " ready for pickup". Please do share if you get any update.

Originally posted by jrsatti View Post
                                Hi Guys,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X