H1B. One of the i797 petitions is revoked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B. One of the i797 petitions is revoked

In total I have three approved i797 petitions on my name.

--- First is initial, cap-subject petition 2013-2016 (still approved). Do not work for that employer.
    --- Second petition is "change of employer" 2013-2016 (just got revoked). Stopped working for that employer more than a year ago.
    --- Third petition is "change of employer" 2014-2017 (still approved).

Today, via USCIS website, I found out that 2nd petition (old one) is revoked and "Revocation Notice Was Sent" more than a month ago. I didn't receive any notices though. Not sure about my ex-employer since I do not have any contacts with them anymore. Am I in trouble? How to find out if it was revoked by USCIS or by me ex-employer's request?

Common sense tells me not to worry about it, because original and current petitions are ok... but "who knows", right?
    Last edited by kote; 11-11-2016, 06:49 PM.

Originally posted by kote View Post
    In total I have three approved i797 petitions on my name.

--- First is initial, cap-subject petition 2013-2016 (still approved). Do not work for that employer.
    --- Second petition is "change of employer" 2013-2016 (just got revoked). Stopped working for that employer more than a year ago.
    --- Third petition is "change of employer" 2014-2017 (still approved).

Today, via USCIS website, I found out that 2nd petition (old one) is revoked and "Revocation Notice Was Sent" more than a month ago. I didn't receive any notices though. Not sure about my ex-employer since I do not have any contacts with them anymore. Am I in trouble? How to find out if it was revoked by USCIS or by me ex-employer's request?

Common sense tells me not to worry about it, because original and current petitions are ok... but "who knows", right?
    Where are you currently? In US or out of US?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X