Current company may revoke H1B if I switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current company may revoke H1B if I switch

I got an offer from a company Y, and the plan is that I will submit the resignation and serve 14 days notice once we get the H1B transfer receipt (premium processing).

My manager at current company X got the hint that I may be making a switch soon and told me that they will remove my H1B if I make the switch.

Company Y does not want to wait 2 weeks once they get H1B transfer approval, so asked me to resign and serve 2 weeks notice based on receipt.

Is this going to be risky? Can my current company X revoke my Visa faster, before I get H1B transfer approval notice?

What is the best way to proceed? (this is my first time switching a company).

Your new employer should file for H1B transfer(if possible in premium processing). Once you get the receipt from USCIS then you can give your two week notice to the current employer.

I wouldn't recommend jumping ships until you have confirmation from one side or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by sanredrose View Post
      Your new employer should file for H1B transfer(if possible in premium processing). Once you get the receipt from USCIS then you can give your two week notice to the current employer.

I wouldn't recommend jumping ships until you have confirmation from one side or the other.
      New employer is already doing it in premium, yet to file. I just finished submitting them all relevant documents for the same.

So, after i get the receipt, and not transfer approval, should I go ahead and resign? Or my current employer can get my H1B revoked in the meantime once I resign and wait for approval?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X