Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling outside US and returning to US when extension is filed

Hi,

My current H1B and my spouse H4 visa expires on March 25th 2017 and currently both of our extensions are filed in regular mode with USCIS.

We are having some travel plans to india coming up in February 2017 which cannot be avoided and we are planning to return to US by mid February 2017 itself.
    I checked with many friends on below queries and my situation but none of them went through this type of situation, any clarification provided to this thread is much appreciated.

a) Will we be able to return to US since we have valid stamping till march 2017?.

b) Will the extension filed with USCIS for me & my spouse will be valid or considered to be abandoned after my return to US since our I94 will get changed?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Originally posted by Shanmu View Post
    Hi,

My current H1B and my spouse H4 visa expires on March 25th 2017 and currently both of our extensions are filed in regular mode with USCIS.

We are having some travel plans to india coming up in February 2017 which cannot be avoided and we are planning to return to US by mid February 2017 itself.
    I checked with many friends on below queries and my situation but none of them went through this type of situation, any clarification provided to this thread is much appreciated.

a) Will we be able to return to US since we have valid stamping till march 2017?.

b) Will the extension filed with USCIS for me & my spouse will be valid or considered to be abandoned after my return to US since our I94 will get changed?

Thanks in advance for all your help.
    I would not recommend a travel, but if it cannot be avoided, then re enter only after getting the petition approved.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X