H4 Visa for Family - with my H1 Extention Documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa for Family - with my H1 Extention Documents

Hi, I got my H1 visa extended for next 3 years. (My initial visa expired on Nov 23 2016, applied in Premium and got the extension for 3 years). I am planning to bring my family from India around Jan end. I will be going to India to bring my Family with me to US.

1. Whether my new I 797 Document Copy is sufficient for my Wife to attend visa Interview? or My Passport should have the Stamped Visa for my wife to apply dependent Visa ?

2. Can I use drop box or I have to go for Visa Interview (Few Friends told that I can Use drop box before 11 months after my extension)?

Originally posted by SrinivasanSankaranarayan View Post
    Hi, I got my H1 visa extended for next 3 years. (My initial visa expired on Nov 23 2016, applied in Premium and got the extension for 3 years). I am planning to bring my family from India around Jan end. I will be going to India to bring my Family with me to US.

1. Whether my new I 797 Document Copy is sufficient for my Wife to attend visa Interview? or My Passport should have the Stamped Visa for my wife to apply dependent Visa ?

2. Can I use drop box or I have to go for Visa Interview (Few Friends told that I can Use drop box before 11 months after my extension)?
    Which one are you planning to do first? go for your own visa using drop box, or, have your dependents attend visa interview?

Comment

H4 Visa for Family - with my H1 Extention Documents

I am Planning to send my Family for Visa Interview First , Since My Passport is not stamped with the latest visa, I have the below queastions,

1 . When my Family is going for Visa Interview , If they have my latest approved I 797 copy with them, will that be fine? or my Family can go to interview only after Visa stamping in My Passport.

Comment

I am Planning to send my Family for Visa Interview First , Since My Passport is not stamped with the latest visa, I have the below queastions,

1 . When my Family is going for Visa Interview , If they have my latest approved I 797 copy with them, will that be fine? or my Family can go to interview only after Visa stamping in My Passport.
        If you are in US while they go for their interview it should be fine. But if you are in India along with them, then advisable that all attend the interview together.

This is my opinion not legal advice

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          If you are in US while they go for their interview it should be fine. But if you are in India along with them, then advisable that all attend the interview together.

This is my opinion not legal advice

Thank you for quick Reply. I am in US. I have sent my approved I 797 copy to my family.Hope my Family's Visa will be approved.

I had another Query. I got my Visa extension at Nov 2016, It is applicable now for next 3 years.I am going to India Jan end 2017 , first time after my Visa Extention. Can I use drop box ? Or I should schedule Interview?

Comment

Thank you for quick Reply. I am in US. I have sent my approved I 797 copy to my family.Hope my Family's Visa will be approved.

I had another Query. I got my Visa extension at Nov 2016, It is applicable now for next 3 years.I am going to India Jan end 2017 , first time after my Visa Extention. Can I use drop box ? Or I should schedule Interview?
            What is the expiry date of your current H1 visa in the passport?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
              What is the expiry date of your current H1 visa in the passport?
              When I came US My First Visa Expiry Date was Nov 23rd 2016 , I applied for extension and got approved for next 3 years i.e., 11/10/2016 - 10/31/2019. After getting my Extension am travelling for the First time to India.

Comment

When I came US My First Visa Expiry Date was Nov 23rd 2016 , I applied for extension and got approved for next 3 years i.e., 11/10/2016 - 10/31/2019. After getting my Extension am travelling for the First time to India.
                If your previous visa expired Nov 23/2016 then you may be eligible for dropbox.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X