Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visa expired and Extension denied,can my son and myself can COS to H-4 to my spouse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa expired and Extension denied,can my son and myself can COS to H-4 to my spouse?

Dear Friends,

Please find the additional details of my Visa. Can I change my status to H-4(dependent) and apply for H-1B?
    I came to USA on H-1B visa and when it was about to expire(Jul-2016) my employer filed extension but it was denied now(Dec

7th,2016) as per status in USCIS website. However I am still waiting for the response via mail.

Following are details of myself and my family(Kid & spouse) and I have few questions to be clarified.
    Myself(Primary Applicant)
    Visa expired date: July 13- 2016
    I 94 -expiration date: July 23rd, 2016
    Extension filed: May 10th, 2016
    Extension Status: Denied on Dec 7th, 2016

Kid (dependent on my visa)
    I 94 -expiration date: July 23rd, 2016
    Extension filed: July 6th, 2016
    Extension Status: No update

Spouse (individual valid H-1B visa)
    Working on Valid H-1B visa valid till in 2018

Questions:
    1. Can I change my status to dependent (H-4) for my spouse without leaving USA?
    2. As my kid(2 years) petition is not yet denied, how can he become dependent (H-4) to his mother instead of his father without

leaving USA?
    - Can he apply a new I-539 as a dependent to his mother (have valid H-1B visa) WITHOUT leaving USA OR
    - Can he change the Principal applicant in his existing application (from his father to his mother)?
    Basically, I want to know whether my son and myself can change our status to dependent (H-4) to my spouse WITHOUT leaving USA?

3. Can I move to other employer for a new H-1B using this CAP exempt petition after moving as Dependent to my spouse?
    I want to know how can I get H-1B status/ start working with new employer after I change my status to dependent (H-4)?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X