No announcement yet.

Re-applying H1B Transfer with New Employer when Old Petition has been Refused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-applying H1B Transfer with New Employer when Old Petition has been Refused

Dear Experts,

Current Situation :

- Employer A: Valid Visa with employer A till January 2018 [was working in USA on this visa from last 2 years with this employer]
    - Employer B: Approved i797 form [Applied the transfer while in USA and received approval now during my stay in India]

Appearing for Interview @Consulate for Employer B Next week.

Question: If the Visa get denied/Refused during interview at Consulate next week with Employer B, Will i be still be eligible to file a H1B Transfer/petition with a new Employer 'C' under 'Cap Exempt'.
    OR
    My Cap exempt get nullified due to this refusal and need to do a fresh start with lottery?

Thanks. Your help is much appreciated.

Originally posted by vipinarora2009 View Post
    Dear Experts,

Current Situation :

- Employer A: Valid Visa with employer A till January 2018 [was working in USA on this visa from last 2 years with this employer]
    - Employer B: Approved i797 form [Applied the transfer while in USA and received approval now during my stay in India]

Appearing for Interview @Consulate for Employer B Next week.

Question: If the Visa get denied/Refused during interview at Consulate next week with Employer B, Will i be still be eligible to file a H1B Transfer/petition with a new Employer 'C' under 'Cap Exempt'.
    OR
    My Cap exempt get nullified due to this refusal and need to do a fresh start with lottery?

Thanks. Your help is much appreciated.
    Yes, you would still be cap exempt.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X