Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCIS not disclosing latest status of my petition

Hi

A prospective employer, filed a H1 petition in 2015.
    On June 10 2015, I received an email saying my I-129 petition was approved. I have the receipt number.

Around November 2015, employer reached out to me and asked me if I can join his organization. Unfortunately I couldn't join. So employer informed me that my H1 petition will be cancelled/withdrawn.

I called USCIS on "1800 375 5283", they said that they cannot provide the information unless I have the employer on call. Also, they informed that "After the petition has been approved, in case if there is any cancellation/withdrawl of petition, same would not be reflected on the USCIS website (egov.uscis.gov)"

Employer is currently not respoding to my queries. I want to know if the H1 B petition was cancelled/withdrawn or if it is still active? Is there any way I could get to know the same?

I have the receipt number. I checked on the below link, using the receipt number and it still shows the status updated on June 2015.

Link: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do
    Current Status on above website: Case Was Approved And My Decision Was Mailed"

Question 1: Is there any other way I can get to know the latest status based on the receipt number. (without reaching out to employer)
    Question 2: Though my petition was approved in 2015, can I still get it stamped in 2017? (just in case if the petition wasn't cancelled/withdrawn)

Thanks
    Ravi

Originally posted by Ravi415 View Post
    Hi

A prospective employer, filed a H1 petition in 2015.
    On June 10 2015, I received an email saying my I-129 petition was approved. I have the receipt number.

Around November 2015, employer reached out to me and asked me if I can join his organization. Unfortunately I couldn't join. So employer informed me that my H1 petition will be cancelled/withdrawn.

I called USCIS on "1800 375 5283", they said that they cannot provide the information unless I have the employer on call. Also, they informed that "After the petition has been approved, in case if there is any cancellation/withdrawl of petition, same would not be reflected on the USCIS website (egov.uscis.gov)"

Employer is currently not respoding to my queries. I want to know if the H1 B petition was cancelled/withdrawn or if it is still active? Is there any way I could get to know the same?

I have the receipt number. I checked on the below link, using the receipt number and it still shows the status updated on June 2015.

Link: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do
    Current Status on above website: Case Was Approved And My Decision Was Mailed"

Question 1: Is there any other way I can get to know the latest status based on the receipt number. (without reaching out to employer)
    Question 2: Though my petition was approved in 2015, can I still get it stamped in 2017? (just in case if the petition wasn't cancelled/withdrawn)

Thanks
    Ravi
    It depends on what you want to do. If you have another employer who is willing to transfer, they should be able to do with the petition number.
    Talk to their attorney. You can stamp 2015 petitions in 2017. If you still want to get your immigration documents from USCIS you can file a foia with USCIS.
    Your employer will not know about it. You can ask for i-797c. If you have more time you can get your entire a-file. that will all the records about you that was filed to uscis.
    http://frontsimple.com/posts/how-to-...IA-from-USCIS/ for more info for doing uscis

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X