Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b Visa 221g - administrative processing, son has Indian visa only 30 days

Hello All,

Me, my husband and our son had to visit India on a family emergency, and My son who is a US citizen, entered India in electronic tourist visa, which is valid only for 30 days. (He doesnt have an OCI)
    My husband was qualified for a dropbox as his first 3 yrs are over and It was my first time for H1 stamping. But, we both have to wait now because we got a 221g - Additional Administrative processing, it may take several weeks to get a decision.
    Our big concern is our son, as he cant travel alone to the States alone and he needs his Indian visa to be extended. His electronic visa cant be extended or transferred as per rule, and he has to exit the country, go back to the States and get a new stay visa and return back.

We contacted the Indian embassy(Bureau of Immigration) and they cant help us, as it is against the rules to extend his e-visa. Anyone faced this kind of similar situation? Kindly pour in your suggestions. As a note, we were not asked any additional document submission in our 221g form and both are passports are in the embassy.

How long does it take to for the consulate? in their website, they have asked not to email until 60 days are over from the interview. Can I take him to the American embassy and explain the situation to speed up the process?

Thanks in Advance,
    Indhira

Hi Indhira,

I am on the same boat so Just wanted to check with you that what happened to your case.i believe you must have got approved visa till now so can you please let me know how much it took and what all documents you submitted...and your son's India visa got extended or not?

It would be great if you can reply me

Thanks

Originally posted by indh_bharathi View Post
    Hello All,

Me, my husband and our son had to visit India on a family emergency, and My son who is a US citizen, entered India in electronic tourist visa, which is valid only for 30 days. (He doesnt have an OCI)
    My husband was qualified for a dropbox as his first 3 yrs are over and It was my first time for H1 stamping. But, we both have to wait now because we got a 221g - Additional Administrative processing, it may take several weeks to get a decision.
    Our big concern is our son, as he cant travel alone to the States alone and he needs his Indian visa to be extended. His electronic visa cant be extended or transferred as per rule, and he has to exit the country, go back to the States and get a new stay visa and return back.

We contacted the Indian embassy(Bureau of Immigration) and they cant help us, as it is against the rules to extend his e-visa. Anyone faced this kind of similar situation? Kindly pour in your suggestions. As a note, we were not asked any additional document submission in our 221g form and both are passports are in the embassy.

How long does it take to for the consulate? in their website, they have asked not to email until 60 days are over from the interview. Can I take him to the American embassy and explain the situation to speed up the process?

Thanks in Advance,
    Indhira

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X