Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer by two employers

Hi,

I need some info regarding the H1B transfer process between companies. I was looking for a change in job from Company A since last few months while particularly targeting a location. Due to the proximity of that region from the place where I live in, it was hard to reach out to employers there and speed up the process.

After a long time of looking around, I got an offer from a company B in the same location where I stay. The offer was too good to pass and since I wasn't getting any positive signs from other directions, I accepted it. The company agreed to transfer my visa as well and gave me a joining date which was 2 months from date of signing the offer. Close to the joining date, I submitted my notice with my current company A and waited for the transition period to get over.

Meanwhile during the transition period, I heard back from a company (say Company C) operating in my choice of location. I went ahead with their interview process and they agreed to make an offer. However, by the time I heard back from them, my transition period with company A was over. Now I completely fall under the visa of company B although I haven't started working with them yet.

I really want to join Company C since everything seems to fit my expectations and this is the place where I planned to be in a couple of months anyways. In circumstances, I accept the offer from Company C, do I have to reveal it to them at any point that my H1B visa was already transferred by Company B or I can simply let them know that I have left Company A. What is the ideal way to act here? Please advise.
    Last edited by sphinx; 12-20-2016, 02:00 AM.

Originally posted by sphinx View Post
    Hi,

I need some info regarding the H1B transfer process between companies. I was looking for a change in job from Company A since last few months while particularly targeting a location. Due to the proximity of that region from the place where I live in, it was hard to reach out to employers there and speed up the process.

After a long time of looking around, I got an offer from a company B in the same location where I stay. The offer was too good to pass and since I wasn't getting any positive signs from other directions, I accepted it. The company agreed to transfer my visa as well and gave me a joining date which was 2 months from date of signing the offer. Close to the joining date, I submitted my notice with my current company A and waited for the transition period to get over.

Meanwhile during the transition period, I heard back from a company (say Company C) operating in my choice of location. I went ahead with their interview process and they agreed to make an offer. However, by the time I heard back from them, my transition period with company A was over. Now I completely fall under the visa of company B although I haven't started working with them yet.

I really want to join Company C since everything seems to fit my expectations and this is the place where I planned to be in a couple of months anyways. In circumstances, I accept the offer from Company C, do I have to reveal it to them at any point that my H1B visa was already transferred by Company B or I can simply let them know that I have left Company A. What is the ideal way to act here? Please advise.
    Technically, If company A has not revoked your H1b yet, Company C can apply for a new transfer. But be careful and upfront about the details to attorneys of company C to cover all your bases. my 2 cents.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X