Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

221g white after H1b interview - CEAC tracking website - confusing status update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g white after H1b interview - CEAC tracking website - confusing status update

Hello
    Can anyone help if they had similar experience, or help if you have any info about this -
    221g white issued at Mumbai on 2 Dec during H1B interview. (I was issued 221g-white in Mumbai previously in 2013-14, same company, also H1B - so company immigration lawyer had warned of getting 221g again). Passport and I-797 were handed back to me.
    Documents submitted by email on 6 Dec - there was no acknowledgement email regarding documents being received. I though this was odd, but saw a few other posts on Immihelp saying that there was no acknowledgement also, plus company lawyer was not worried about it; so did not worry.

Was regularly tracking status on CEAC visa-tracking website - where you input DS-160 number and visa application-status shows up -
    Till yesterday the status was -
    Administrative processing. Application ID or case number xxxxxxxx Case opened date -xx-xx-2016. Case modified - date 02-Dec-2016 (interview date). Visa is pending due to administrative processing... etc etc
    However, today the message is -
    No Status. Application ID or case number xxxxxxxx . Please contact the U.S. Consular office you believe is responsible for processing your visa application.
    For more information, please visit U.S. Embassy Moscow."

I am confused and worried.
    Anyone with similar experience, or any info; I appreciate your help. Thank you.

Here's how visa interview went if that helps -
    VO questions - few and standard - company name, field of work, is work on-site or for client (I work on-site), salary, highest educational qualifications.
    VO gave me 221g form, asked me to submit documents listed on 221g form (invitation letter from company, resume, details of research, publications) by email.

anyone with info?

I see multiple views but no responses, so requesting anyone with any info to please reply. Thank you.

Comment

22 g white slip update

Hi ,
      I am also in same boat, i had my visa interview on 5 Dec 2016 at Delhi , i got white slip 221 g and VO asked me to submit copy of petition and client letter along with passport to drop box.
      I submitted those letter on 7 Dec and from then i was seeing my status in ceac web site as under admin processing , for passport tracking i was getting status as my passport is still with Us embassy/consulate and from last 2 days i am seeing staus as "there is no status update for the passport submitted but in Visa tracking site i am still seeing as Admin processing, i am not sure what this mean. I am waiting for status so i can resume my work .

Comment

ok now

seems okay now - maybe it was just a "holiday special" glitch ?

Comment

Same experience -

Have you received any update on your case? I am also experiencing the same. After I recieved 221(g) white slip on 13th Dec, I submitted my passport on 28th Dec on their asking. But now there is no status update since 29th Dec. It is stuck to Administrative Processing. Not sure what is going on.

Please let me know if you get any update for your case. Is there anyway we can do inquiry?

Comment

same experience with me

Originally posted by alel75 View Post
            seems okay now - maybe it was just a "holiday special" glitch ?
            Have you received any update on your case? I am also experiencing the same. After I recieved 221(g) white slip on 13th Dec, I submitted my passport on 28th Dec on their asking. But now there is no status update since 29th Dec. It is stuck to Administrative Processing. Not sure what is going on.

Please let me know if you get any update for your case. Is there anyway we can do inquiry?

Comment

221(g) issued in re-interview

Hello,

I am also on same boat. I attended Visa interview on 23rd Jan 2017 and VO said 'we are approving you visa" and they kept my passport. On 25th i got call from HYDCEA to attend interview again. Today means 30th i attended interview and below are some confusing questions and answers.
              VO: How many employees in your company
              Ans: Over 50
              VO : we enquired and in enquiry we got know that only 5 employees are with company.
              Ans: direct employees are 8 only
              VO: first you said over 50 and now changing story to 8.
              Ans: my employer will develop own products and also deploy employees to several clients ,so all together is 50.
              VO: will you WFH or from office location in USA?
              Ans: i will work from office.
              VO: your director said, there is no facility to work from OFFICE.
              Ans: my friend who referred me, She is working from office only and m not sure about others.

She gave me 221G along with my passport and nothing is checked in 221g. Please suggest me.
              Please share your experiences if your Visa approved after 221g issued.
              Thanks in advance, Divya.

Comment

Plz answer me

Originally posted by alel75 View Post
                Hello
                Can anyone help if they had similar experience, or help if you have any info about this -
                221g white issued at Mumbai on 2 Dec during H1B interview. (I was issued 221g-white in Mumbai previously in 2013-14, same company, also H1B - so company immigration lawyer had warned of getting 221g again). Passport and I-797 were handed back to me.
                Documents submitted by email on 6 Dec - there was no acknowledgement email regarding documents being received. I though this was odd, but saw a few other posts on Immihelp saying that there was no acknowledgement also, plus company lawyer was not worried about it; so did not worry.

Was regularly tracking status on CEAC visa-tracking website - where you input DS-160 number and visa application-status shows up -
                Till yesterday the status was -
                Administrative processing. Application ID or case number xxxxxxxx Case opened date -xx-xx-2016. Case modified - date 02-Dec-2016 (interview date). Visa is pending due to administrative processing... etc etc
                However, today the message is -
                No Status. Application ID or case number xxxxxxxx . Please contact the U.S. Consular office you believe is responsible for processing your visa application.
                For more information, please visit U.S. Embassy Moscow."

I am confused and worried.
                Anyone with similar experience, or any info; I appreciate your help. Thank you.

Here's how visa interview went if that helps -
                VO questions - few and standard - company name, field of work, is work on-site or for client (I work on-site), salary, highest educational qualifications.
                VO gave me 221g form, asked me to submit documents listed on 221g form (invitation letter from company, resume, details of research, publications) by email.
                Hello i have the same situtation of urs, ceac no status and the case open date changed to the ds-160 creation date, can you update me if you get ur visa and after how much? And what really happens?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X