Stamping required again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stamping required again?

Hi, Recently I got promoted and my employer filed for an amendment along with extension (since my current H1b / wife H4 stamp in passport expires on Sep 30, 2017). Once the extension gets approved till 2019, if my wife leaves to India and return back , does she needs to get visa stamping again. with the new I797??*

My employer says no stamping is needed as the current one is valid till Sep 2017.

So, if me or my wife leaves to India and come back, will there be any issues at POE?

Originally posted by rajivn786 View Post
    Hi, Recently I got promoted and my employer filed for an amendment along with extension (since my current H1b / wife H4 stamp in passport expires on Sep 30, 2017). Once the extension gets approved till 2019, if my wife leaves to India and return back , does she needs to get visa stamping again. with the new I797??*

My employer says no stamping is needed as the current one is valid till Sep 2017.

So, if me or my wife leaves to India and come back, will there be any issues at POE?
    Don't see a need for stamping, but in most likelihood she would get an I94 only till Sep 2017 and not till 2019.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Don't see a need for stamping, but in most likelihood she would get an I94 only till Sep 2017 and not till 2019.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thank you for the response. She might be eligible for drop box as her current visa didn't expire in the past 12 months.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X