X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 I94 expiring on new year

Hi All,

Here is the case:

Me who's H1B and I94 is expiring on 1st Jan 2017. Same is the case with my wife and son (H4 but).

I already filled for the extension of my H1B in July it is under processing. I however failed to file my wife and son's H4 extension who cam to US on 28th Nov 2016. My attorney filed extension of my wife and son today i.e. 12/30/2016. I guess petition will reach to USCIS by 3rd of Jan 2017 because of holidays on 31st Dec 2016, 1st Jan & 2nd Jan 2017. I am in a dicey situation what is gonna happen. My company's attorney say i do not need to worry because we are filing before expiry but the thing that bothers me is Date they(Attorney) will send Vs Date USCIS will receive it. Please post your valuable suggestion ASAP.

Thanks,
    Anurag

Originally posted by annu21amig View Post
    Hi All,

Here is the case:

Me who's H1B and I94 is expiring on 1st Jan 2017. Same is the case with my wife and son (H4 but).

I already filled for the extension of my H1B in July it is under processing. I however failed to file my wife and son's H4 extension who cam to US on 28th Nov 2016. My attorney filed extension of my wife and son today i.e. 12/30/2016. I guess petition will reach to USCIS by 3rd of Jan 2017 because of holidays on 31st Dec 2016, 1st Jan & 2nd Jan 2017. I am in a dicey situation what is gonna happen. My company's attorney say i do not need to worry because we are filing before expiry but the thing that bothers me is Date they(Attorney) will send Vs Date USCIS will receive it. Please post your valuable suggestion ASAP.

Thanks,
    Anurag
    A couple of days shouldn't be a big deal. Rest depends on the officer who adjudicates the case.
    This is just my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X