Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do role titles in resume need to tally with previous H1B petition when H1B transfer i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do role titles in resume need to tally with previous H1B petition when H1B transfer i

I was hired at a data analytics startup 2 yrs 8 months ago with a role officially called (let's say) X. At that time, my H1b was applied with the same role and responsibilities as "X". Being in a startup environment, the roles and responsibilities are fuzzy and you often end up spending more time doing something else than what was planned. For more than two years, the work that I have been doing is more of a role Y (a different role). Since I want to make a career move and switch to a new employer, when I apply, I want to make sure the role in my resume is mentioned as Y - as that is what my work experience is closer to and that is how I want to pitch myself as. I am wondering if there could be any implications of this on my H1B transfer process after I get the new offer. I know resume is one of the documents that is asked for when the H1B transfer is initiated. Do the role titles and responsibilities in the resume have to be the same as they were when my previous H1B was applied? Is it tallied? In other words, is it okay if I submit resume listing my title and responsibilities as "Y", since that is what I actually did. Are there any steps/precautions I need to take?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X