Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting married in February and looking for visa options for my spouse.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting married in February and looking for visa options for my spouse.

Hello Everyone,

I am currently on a 12-month post completion OPT which ends in June. I am getting married in February 2017. I will be applying for an H1B visa in April this year and I was wondering what would be the best route to bring my spouse here. I am currently confused between and F2 and an H4 visa. If I apply for an F2 visa in February and my spouse does not get it by April 1 when I apply for H1B, how does that affect her F2 application? Also, would it be advisable to not apply for F2 visa at all and wait until I get the result for my H1B application? Can I still apply for an F2 visa in May or June if my H1B application is rejected? I do not have a STEM extension. How likely is my spouse to get an F2 visa?

Thank you!

Originally posted by Swaraj1903 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I am currently on a 12-month post completion OPT which ends in June. I am getting married in February 2017. I will be applying for an H1B visa in April this year and I was wondering what would be the best route to bring my spouse here. I am currently confused between and F2 and an H4 visa. If I apply for an F2 visa in February and my spouse does not get it by April 1 when I apply for H1B, how does that affect her F2 application? Also, would it be advisable to not apply for F2 visa at all and wait until I get the result for my H1B application? Can I still apply for an F2 visa in May or June if my H1B application is rejected? I do not have a STEM extension. How likely is my spouse to get an F2 visa?

Thank you!
    Fresh cap subject H1 can begin only from 01-Oct-2017. On what status are you planning to be in US between June till Oct (provided H1 regulations remain same, and provided you do get through the lottery, if any).

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X