Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

Questions on form I-129

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Questions on form I-129


    I am a final year medical student and am going to undertake a year of research and medical assistance experience in a dermatology clinic in California (starting July this year). This is a paid placement and i understand that I can get a H1-B visa for this (is this correct?). I would go for a simple J-1 visa but I would like to start a medical residency in the USA straight after this and understand that i have to leave the US for a minimum of 2 years after completion of my program on a J-1 visa.

    The owner of the establishment is willing to sponsor me and is starting to file the LCA form on the iCERT system. I have been looking through the next step (form I-129) and have some questions that I would love to have answered as the embassy takes forever to reply to emails!

    1) I live in the UK and understand I need to have my employer submit a duplicate of form I-129 + all relevant evidence so that the embassy in the UK can have it. Does the duplicate need to be hand-written again or can it be a simple photocopy?

    2) For the section titled "H-1B and H-1B1 Data Collection and Filing Fee Exemption Supplement" on question 2. I currently have a Bachelor's degree in pharmacology and am going to receive my medical degree (MB BChir) in June. As i intend to submit form I-129 well before then, do I check "Bachelor's degree" and submit a copy of my degree as evidence along with evidence that I am a final year medical student, or do I check "Professional degree" and just submit evidence that I am a final year medical student?

    3) What evidence needs to be submitted to prove that the occupation I will be undertaking is a "speciality occupation"?

    4) With regards to evidence of my degree, passport etc. - do i need to submit the originals? I thought that once form I-129 is approved I then have to make another application for the visa with the embassy online. I thought that was when I submit my original passport.

    Any help would be much appreciated!

  • #2
    bump. can anyone please give me some advice?


    • #3
      Originally posted by smetin92 View Post
      bump. can anyone please give me some advice?
      You need to take help and guidance from your attorney to get through this process.

      This is my opinion not legal advice.