X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFE Maintenance of status - Work location changed

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your help thus far!

I am still dealing with H1B issues from 2016. I had to change my position & location within the company (same employer) in Sep, 2016. My H1B petition had been selected in the lottery by then and I was working on OPT that had been extended till Sep 30. My H1B petition was filed in Change of Status. I started the new role in Sep, 2016 and I have mostly been in training since then. The HR/lawyers took their time and USCIS received the petition for amendment & extension in mid-Dec, 2016 in premium processing.

USCIS has issued an RFE to explain how I maintained my status with regards to the previous petition. Specifically they have asked how my paystubs show office B (in city B) while I was approved to work in office A (in city A).

What are my options right now? Since I still do not have an H1B visa (I believe I only have H1B status), the outcome impacts my H1B visa and legality of stay for almost 3 months. I am very worried. Could you please let me know how serious this RFE is and what are my options to position myself for maintenance of status?

Thanks!

Originally posted by everthankful View Post
    Hi,

Thanks a lot for your help thus far!

I am still dealing with H1B issues from 2016. I had to change my position & location within the company (same employer) in Sep, 2016. My H1B petition had been selected in the lottery by then and I was working on OPT that had been extended till Sep 30. My H1B petition was filed in Change of Status. I started the new role in Sep, 2016 and I have mostly been in training since then. The HR/lawyers took their time and USCIS received the petition for amendment & extension in mid-Dec, 2016 in premium processing.

USCIS has issued an RFE to explain how I maintained my status with regards to the previous petition. Specifically they have asked how my paystubs show office B (in city B) while I was approved to work in office A (in city A).

What are my options right now? Since I still do not have an H1B visa (I believe I only have H1B status), the outcome impacts my H1B visa and legality of stay for almost 3 months. I am very worried. Could you please let me know how serious this RFE is and what are my options to position myself for maintenance of status?

Thanks!

Hi everthankful , could you please let me know how did it go . A similar delay was done by my lawyers and I got an RFE today .

Regards,
    Vikas

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X