H1B 221G Status change confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B 221G Status change confusion

Little background, I studied in the US and was hired right after graduation by a big US company.

I gave my H1B interview in New Delhi, India on 21 Nov and got a white 221G slip to submit documents. I submitted those documents after a review with my attorney on 24th November 2016.

My case status had a created date of 18 Nov and last update date of Nov 21, with the status - "Administrative Processing".

Then came the wait. After about a month and a half, on Jan 5, 2016 my CEAC status changed to "Ready" which I interpreted as progress.

About 10 hours later though the status changed back to Administrative Processing with update date of Jan 6, 2016.

18/11/16 - Case creation date
    21/11/16 - Interview - CEAC (Administrative Processing)
    24/11/16 - Documents Submitted
    05/01/17 - Status Changed (Ready)
    06/01/17 - Status Changed (Administrative Processing)

Is this indeed progress or does it mean nothing?

When did you get your visa stamped?

Originally posted by srvxid View Post
    Little background, I studied in the US and was hired right after graduation by a big US company.

I gave my H1B interview in New Delhi, India on 21 Nov and got a white 221G slip to submit documents. I submitted those documents after a review with my attorney on 24th November 2016.

My case status had a created date of 18 Nov and last update date of Nov 21, with the status - "Administrative Processing".

Then came the wait. After about a month and a half, on Jan 5, 2016 my CEAC status changed to "Ready" which I interpreted as progress.

About 10 hours later though the status changed back to Administrative Processing with update date of Jan 6, 2016.

18/11/16 - Case creation date
    21/11/16 - Interview - CEAC (Administrative Processing)
    24/11/16 - Documents Submitted
    05/01/17 - Status Changed (Ready)
    06/01/17 - Status Changed (Administrative Processing)

Is this indeed progress or does it mean nothing?
    Did you get your visa?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X