Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b and H4 extension along with Passport name split

Dear Sir/Madam

i'm on H1b visa with valid date till May 2017 and i'm planning to file an extension
    in a month or so and i want to apply for splitting the name in my indian passport ( as my surname is blank in the current passport)
    as i'm thinking that its beneficial to have name corrected before I apply for an extension.
    my dependents ( wife and daughter) are in India now and are going to attend the H4 interview this month end so that they can come to USA
    by Feb 2017. And i will be applying for their H4 extension as soon as they are here.

My questions is as below

1. will it be an issue if I apply for H4 extension when my wife and daughter are here in the US since their passport will still show
    my previous name

Please provide the best way of handling this situation.

Thank you

It would be the easiest if you apply for extension once your name is split, if at all possible.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
      It would be the easiest if you apply for extension once your name is split, if at all possible.
      Thanks for reply.

but will there be any issues in H4 extension for wife and daughter because their passport will have my previous name

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X