Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B and I140 validity after resigning job in USA

Hi,

I've completed 6 years in USA (H1-B) in 2016 and my i-140 was approved last year and i got my new extension for another 3 years until 2019 under I-140. But due to family commitments I got a job in India and I came back. I left my job in USA 10 days ago. Is it still possible to go back to USA with the H1B of my old employer. If I find a new employer, should they transfer it or does it still hold good? or they can still use my i-140 to get the H1-B extension? Please advise me on what is the process to get back to USA with my stamped visa until 2019?

Thanks
    Nikhil

Originally posted by nikhil2008 View Post
    Hi,

I left my job in USA 10 days ago. Is it still possible to go back to USA with the H1B of my old employer. I
    Thanks
    Nikhil
    In general Your company Informs to Immigration that you are no longer associated with the company. And in two weeks time your H1b will be cancelled.
    You can check your petition status whether it is still active or not.

My case is also same like you, In 2014 back to India, now looking back to USA with I140 cleared. When I asked few in US, they are confidant that as long as your I140 is cleared, you can go with H1B extension which will not fall into regular quota of 65k.

Can any of our forum friends clarify on this?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by harshay26 View Post
      In general Your company Informs to Immigration that you are no longer associated with the company. And in two weeks time your H1b will be cancelled.
      You can check your petition status whether it is still active or not.

My case is also same like you, In 2014 back to India, now looking back to USA with I140 cleared. When I asked few in US, they are confidant that as long as your I140 is cleared, you can go with H1B extension which will not fall into regular quota of 65k.

Can any of our forum friends clarify on this?

Thanks
      Hi,

Thanks for responding. Could you tell me where to see if H1B visa is still valid or not? Is it the check status link in USCIS with petition number or something different?

Thanks
      Nikhil

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X