Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport query on H1B transfer

Hi All,
    I started working in company B after receiving the H1B transfer file notice and got RFE for Client Agreement letter. I have not replied to the RFE query yet.
    My H1B expiry date at company A was may 2017.

Now i got a show cause notice from India passport office regarding my Re-issue of current passport(address change in india) and that is showing in online portal if you check the status of the passport file.
    i contacted India passport office and they told...thats a common query...just inform us when you will visit india next time so that we can verify the india address in your presence.

my question is...is there any impact of the passport query on H1B transfer? do i need to rectify the passport query before answering the RFE raised by USCIS?

Originally posted by mas View Post
    Hi All,
    I started working in company B after receiving the H1B transfer file notice and got RFE for Client Agreement letter. I have not replied to the RFE query yet.
    My H1B expiry date at company A was may 2017.

Now i got a show cause notice from India passport office regarding my Re-issue of current passport(address change in india) and that is showing in online portal if you check the status of the passport file.
    i contacted India passport office and they told...thats a common query...just inform us when you will visit india next time so that we can verify the india address in your presence.

my question is...is there any impact of the passport query on H1B transfer? do i need to rectify the passport query before answering the RFE raised by USCIS?
    Both are independent process so don't think there is an impact.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X