Leaving US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving US

Can someone please help me with the question I had on leaving the US. I plan to leave my current job on 14th April and head back to India. How many days/weeks can I legally stay to wind down and leave the US after I have completed my last day at work on the 14th of April? Do I need any special documentation to stay after I have completed my last day at work? I am currently on H1-B visa.
    Thanks a bunch.
    Rakin

There is no grace period after discontinuing H1B. As early as possible is the only answer. Interpretation is at the discretion of the officer during next admittance.

Comment

Hi,

I have my H1B visa till 1st July 2007 but at port of entry I got my I94 till 10th July 2007. When I asked the officer about it he told me that I am giving u 10 days just to wrapup ur things or make some other arrangment. No need to say he was very nice & cooperative. So conclussion in my case is that I can stay here till my I94 becuase he mentioned me that u need to leave ur job on 31st June (As my petition with that company is valid till that date) but u can stay till 10th July because my I94 valid till that date.

I can help upto it only.

Thanks
      Mast

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X