Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer of H4B along with H1B

Hi All,

I really need help and Advice for my issue.

I am currently on H1B with employer A and my wife is on H4B.
    I got my initial H1B from Sep 2015 to Sep 2016, for which I applied for extension and got I797A form till Sep 2019(for both h1 and h4)

I also Applied for my wife's H1B from a consultancy in Apr2016, her H1b was picked in lottery and RFE came in Nov 2016, the consultancy replied to the RFE on 17th Jan2017(recently).

Now, I am thinking about moving to a different company(B), but I dont want to transfer my wife's H4B as :

1. If her H1B is approved and later H4B is approved from my company B, her latest i94 will again come as H4B.

Is it possible for me to transfer my H1b from Company A to Company B , and keep my wife current I797A from company A which is valid till Sepm 2019.
    Or is there any other way to make sure that her status for h1B (once approved) is not overriden by new h4b (if applied).

P.S: I will be transferring my H1b in Premium processing as I want to start my Green card processing ASAP.

Thanks !!!

Originally posted by dimhil View Post
    Hi All,

I really need help and Advice for my issue.

I am currently on H1B with employer A and my wife is on H4B.
    I got my initial H1B from Sep 2015 to Sep 2016, for which I applied for extension and got I797A form till Sep 2019(for both h1 and h4)

I also Applied for my wife's H1B from a consultancy in Apr2016, her H1b was picked in lottery and RFE came in Nov 2016, the consultancy replied to the RFE on 17th Jan2017(recently).

Now, I am thinking about moving to a different company(B), but I dont want to transfer my wife's H4B as :

1. If her H1B is approved and later H4B is approved from my company B, her latest i94 will again come as H4B.

Is it possible for me to transfer my H1b from Company A to Company B , and keep my wife current I797A from company A which is valid till Sepm 2019.
    Or is there any other way to make sure that her status for h1B (once approved) is not overriden by new h4b (if applied).

P.S: I will be transferring my H1b in Premium processing as I want to start my Green card processing ASAP.

Thanks !!!
    Till when is your spouse's H4 I-94 valid?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Till when is your spouse's H4 I-94 valid?
      her Visa on the passport was valid tillsep 2016, but after I applied for extension, I got I797A got approved till sep 2019.
      She also has a valid I797 doc with I94 valid till sep 2019.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X