Has Dropbox facility been discontinued?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going on 17th Feb at Delhi Center

I changed my job, but i got stamping at same location and for the same visa type, based on the questions answered, my case became eligible for drop-box.

I will be going on 17th along with my wife, at Delhi center. Although, my US attorney informed me today that drop box has been discontinued.
    But, I got the drop box confirmation last week, and cannot schedule the in-person appointment now.

Really worried and stressed on what is going to happen.. making up my mind for any eventuality.

-Vikram

Comment

Originally posted by buddyrohit View Post
      Can you please update when you get the visa , I am also in the same boat , I have a drop box letter and my wife and daughter have a visa interview on 20th , with all these confusion going on , we are thinking should we go to India or not , need to attend a family wedding.
      Hi

I am in the same situation where i am eligible for dropbox and my wife is not eligible for dropbox and she needs to attend interview as her visa expired date is more than an year., Can you please share if you are also in the same situation . can you please share your experience,
      Can i include my wife in my application and use dropbox for her as well.
      Or should we schedule different appointments for both of us.

Please share if any has gone through this situation

Comment

Dropbox option is Available

I Had written to US embassy to check if they have drop box option , Below is there reply

Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

We understand that you have a concern regarding the news article regarding IWP/Drop Box Program.

In response to your question, we would like to inform you that, as long as your visa has been expired within the recent 12 months, you would be able to proceed with your application. Please note if your visa has expired for more than 12 months, you would need to schedule an appointment for your Finger Print and Photograph capture at the Visa Application Center and a personal appearance for visa interview at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate.

Please follow the link "http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-visarenew.asp", to know about the IWP and the Drop box eligibility criteria, as we will not be able to comment if you would qualify for the same.

Please note that, applicants are not required to schedule any appointments under Drop Box procedure. If you are eligible for the Drop Dox Procedure, then you may submit the documents at any one of the Drop off locations from Monday to Friday between 10am to 4pm. Please follow the link: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-lo....asp#locations to know the addresses of the drop off locations. Applicants are required to carry one copy of Drop Box confirmation page while submitting the documents under 'Drop Box Program'.

Please be informed that, applicants are required to carry one photograph along with a drop box confirmation page while dropping the documents under Drop Box Program. Please follow the link: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-photoinfo.asp for more information on the photo specifications.

If you do not qualify for the IWP or the Drop Box, you will have to apply for a visa through the regular visa application process provided in the following link "http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-visaapply.asp".

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Please visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/gss_india to share feedback on the services we provide.

Sincerely,
        U.S. Visa Service Desk.

Comment

Originally posted by Karthik Asl View Post
          I Had written to US embassy to check if they have drop box option , Below is there reply

Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

We understand that you have a concern regarding the news article regarding IWP/Drop Box Program.

In response to your question, we would like to inform you that, as long as your visa has been expired within the recent 12 months, you would be able to proceed with your application. Please note if your visa has expired for more than 12 months, you would need to schedule an appointment for your Finger Print and Photograph capture at the Visa Application Center and a personal appearance for visa interview at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate.

Please follow the link "http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-visarenew.asp", to know about the IWP and the Drop box eligibility criteria, as we will not be able to comment if you would qualify for the same.

Please note that, applicants are not required to schedule any appointments under Drop Box procedure. If you are eligible for the Drop Dox Procedure, then you may submit the documents at any one of the Drop off locations from Monday to Friday between 10am to 4pm. Please follow the link: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-lo....asp#locations to know the addresses of the drop off locations. Applicants are required to carry one copy of Drop Box confirmation page while submitting the documents under 'Drop Box Program'.

Please be informed that, applicants are required to carry one photograph along with a drop box confirmation page while dropping the documents under Drop Box Program. Please follow the link: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-photoinfo.asp for more information on the photo specifications.

If you do not qualify for the IWP or the Drop Box, you will have to apply for a visa through the regular visa application process provided in the following link "http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-visaapply.asp".

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Please visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/gss_india to share feedback on the services we provide.

Sincerely,
          U.S. Visa Service Desk.
          Great News! Thanks Karthik

Comment

Originally posted by sjprateek View Post
            Dropped my docs on Fri 3rd Feb 2017 at Mumbai location. So until now, dropbox facility has not been discontinued. Checking passport status every day, will update if status changes.

Hi prateek...any udate on your visa stamping

Comment

Issues in dropbox

my wife went to new delhi visa center.initially she was declined saying that dropbox confirmatio letter was for hyderabad location.then i contacted my employer visa cell to correct the location to new delhi.after that she was allowed to drop the document and told to check status after couple of days.however there were 4 other people who had the same issue i.e location in confirmation letter not matching with ds 160 location and as told by my wife they were not able to get it corrected hence left ,i m not sure if it was because of their employer or some issue in visa app.guys do crosscheck ur details before visiting to avoid unnecessary hassle

Comment

Do we have an option to select drop box location in DS 160...?I

Originally posted by jai007.1984 View Post
                my wife went to new delhi visa center.initially she was declined saying that dropbox confirmatio letter was for hyderabad location.then i contacted my employer visa cell to correct the location to new delhi.after that she was allowed to drop the document and told to check status after couple of days.however there were 4 other people who had the same issue i.e location in confirmation letter not matching with ds 160 location and as told by my wife they were not able to get it corrected hence left ,i m not sure if it was because of their employer or some issue in visa app.guys do crosscheck ur details before visiting to avoid unnecessary hassle
                Do we have an option to select drop box location in DS 160..i think we can select only the visa processing center...

Comment

Originally posted by Anu Kumar View Post
                  Do we have an option to select drop box location in DS 160..i think we can select only the visa processing center...
                  You do it in the CGI portal where you put the visa receipt number.

Comment

Location Dff

Originally posted by Nile_ View Post
                    You do it in the CGI portal where you put the visa receipt number.
                    Hi Nile

In my case i select visa processing center as. chennai and drop box location is kochi....and there is no option to select kochi in ds 160

Comment

Has-Dropbox-facility-been-discont

Hi Nile

In my case i select visa processing center as. chennai and drop box location is kochi....and there is no option to select kochi in ds 160
                      I am also from Kerala and planning to do drop box on March, Did you submitted your docs to kochi location center?

Comment

Hi Nile

Yes, DS 160 will not have all the drobox locations. Select the DS160 as your visa processing center and then for Dropbox you can select any one of the 14 (or 11, forgot how many are there total).

Comment

Dropbox

Originally posted by Jakeforslane1 View Post
                          I am also from Kerala and planning to do drop box on March, Did you submitted your docs to kochi location center?
                          HI Jake, am planning to submit it on 20th

Comment

Doing dropbox on February 13th in Chennai

Doing dropbox on February 13th in Chennai. I will update how it goes.

Comment

HI Jake, am planning to submit it on 20th
                              Good luck! Can you share your email to keep in touch on the process and status? You can mail to [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by spatel1985 View Post
                                Awaiting your update.
                                Status updated to ISSUED yesterday, waiting for the passport status to be updated to 'ready for pickup'.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X