Has Dropbox facility been discontinued?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confusion

Just scheduled an appointment. The website asked me a couple of questions and concluded I was eligible for IWP.
    However once I proceeded, I did not receive a drop box letter and instead an appointment was confirmed. Do you get the Dropbox form later or has IWP been eliminated?
    Thanks
    J.

Comment

Surprising

Originally posted by jatinarora View Post
      Just scheduled an appointment. The website asked me a couple of questions and concluded I was eligible for IWP.
      However once I proceeded, I did not receive a drop box letter and instead an appointment was confirmed. Do you get the Dropbox form later or has IWP been eliminated?
      Thanks
      J.
      i have also heard from some of my colleagues that people who have dropbox confirmation letter prior to executive order can still go ahead with dropbox. however for all new cases, appointment is necessary.
      confusion is definitely there. would you please share the dates you got for appointment and in which embassy. i am travelling next week and want to be ready for all situations. Thanks !!

Comment

Thanks
        J.
        Hey, can you confirm if you eligible as per the http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-visarenew.asp ?

Wanted to know if dropbox option really not triggering anymore?
        Please verify and post back, will help lot others

Comment

Appointment

The OFC appointment is on Feb 23.
          I have also sent an email to US Consulate. Waiting for a reply.

Originally posted by spatel1985 View Post
          i have also heard from some of my colleagues that people who have dropbox confirmation letter prior to executive order can still go ahead with dropbox. however for all new cases, appointment is necessary.
          confusion is definitely there. would you please share the dates you got for appointment and in which embassy. i am travelling next week and want to be ready for all situations. Thanks !!

Comment

Yes. I am eligible for IWP. Also, while filling out my application, the website also deduced that I am eligible (attached)

Originally posted by Jakeforslane1 View Post
            Hey, can you confirm if you eligible as per the

Attached Files

Comment

Hey, can you confirm if you eligible as per the

On http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-visarenew.asp
              it shows two different checklists:
              one for "IWP Dropbox" and one for just "IWP".
              There’s probably a technical difference between the two
              options that is unknown to us.

It is possible that jatinarora was eligible only for IWP
              and not for IWP Dropbox. Hence, he still needs to go to
              the consulate to have his fingerprints and photograph
              taken.

Whatever be the case, going by all the posts here, and
              unless I missed something, it sounds like IWP (and the dropbox facility) are still
              active in India notwithstanding the EO.
              Last edited by infynitee; 02-11-2017, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mkk83 View Post
                Hello folks,

I just completed my first 6 years of h1b (Jan-15-2017) and I recently got i140 approved and received approved i797 h1b extension, working for same company from last 3.5 years. My exp and new i797 are from same company. I plan to travel outside US on business trip next week but I cannt come back to US without h1b stamping.

I filled up my ds160 and when I select to take an appointment at Chennai, I get "Congrats you qualify for Dropbox" message. But because Trump discontinued "Interview Viewer Program" effective immediately, I wonder if they haven't fixed the site yet and dropbox might actually not work out? Also worried about high num of 221g or "administrative processing" delays even though I have i797 from same company. Sorry for long write up, in summary

1. Has dropbox facility been taken out?
                2. h1b Visa stamping is risky at the moment? even though prev and extended visa from same company?
                3. Is it good idea to go different country other than India for stamping/h1b interview?

Hi all,
                I am new to the thread. I am planning to go Feb last week for Dropbox in Chennai consulate.
                I took the new appointment questions yesterday ( after one of you said that inspire of getting Dropbox option it said you had to schedule and interview) and the website gave me iwp -dropbox option and when I hit comtinue, I got my Dropbox letter as before and was unable to schedule Interview . I called up the inidan consulate from the numbers given in the ustraveldocs/contact page. They said as of today if you are renewing before 12 months of your visa expiry, Dropbox is still ON . I called up the visa office in USA and they also said that if you are renewing visa withing 12 months of expiry , iwp is applicable. People have been doing Dropbox right now in India and it is going smooth.
                This is the information I have.

Comment

I called visa consulate from the number in ustraveldocs /contact . They said that Dropbox is still on.

Comment

Hi

I have one question we selected Dropbox for 3 persons. Now 2 persons are not comming from USA and I am (h4) going to drop my papers with ds160 the same which I used for 3 members. I am unable to cancle the premier person whose not attending. Is that ok without H1b candidate can I attend for drop box. Please help if any one knows. And one more is necessary that we have to show original I797 doc to Dropbox person?

Comment

Yes. I am eligible for IWP. Also, while filling out my application, the website also deduced that I am eligible (attached)
                      Gotcha!! Here is the thing, so you were eligible for visa interview wavier program not the drop box.

Comment

Man you scared me. I have my own travel plans next month and eligible for dropbox. I tried and it showed me I am eligible for dropbox and did not ask me for any appointment.
                        I am attaching my screen shot. My guess, you might have marked "ten-printing" as "No" and that's why they asked for Biometric.
                        All recent Visas must have gone through ten printing. Please don't feel offended but this is how rumors are spread.,
                        Attached Files

Comment

plZZZZZ do not spread rumors. I have attached my case and dropbox is available and no need to have any appointment unless you get 221g and they ask you to appear for interview.[ATTACH]683
                          Attached Files

Comment

Gotcha!! Here is the thing, so you were eligible for visa interview wavier program not the drop box.
                            I tried and it did not ask me for any appointment for photo and fingerprinting. Check what you have given for "ten printing" question
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Drop Box.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	590614

Comment

interview dates

Originally posted by h1bdudes View Post
                              Man you scared me. I have my own travel plans next month and eligible for dropbox. I tried and it showed me I am eligible for dropbox and did not ask me for any appointment.
                              I am attaching my screen shot. My guess, you might have marked "ten-printing" as "No" and that's why they asked for Biometric.
                              All recent Visas must have gone through ten printing. Please don't feel offended but this is how rumors are spread.,
                              Your screenshot also shows that first available appointment date is Feb 14th, which means the rush is not there in embassy. i am travelling on 15th and i am eligible for dropbox. but at same time i am happy that appointment is easily available in embassy (for worst case scenario).

also i am reading that there is another executive order on immigration coming on mon/tue . should we be concerned with that?

Comment

Clarity

Hey Guys,

So I have some clarity now on the IWP Dropbox scenario.

If your visa has been issued after Jan 2008, you will qualify for Dropbox
                                If your visa has been issued between August 2004 and December 2007, you will qualify for IWP but would need to go for biometrics.

Please note the above 2 points only apply if it is deduced that you are eligible for either.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

J.
                                Last edited by jatinarora; 02-12-2017, 03:06 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X