Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EO impact on Visa Interview Waiver - Dropbox

Hi,
    Is the dropbox still available as an option? I just learned the new EO suspends all Visa Interview Waiver program. I am currently planning to travel to India end of February for my H1B renewal (have approved I-140). I am seriously considering re-scheduling my trip as there is no clarity on these yet.

Thanks

No impact. It is not official and it is just a rumour. People got it approved today with Dropbox.

Comment

Originally posted by kendallguy500 View Post
      No impact. It is not official and it is just a rumour. People got it approved today with Dropbox.
      I landed in Mumbai just day before yesterday for h1 renewal and paid the VISA fees yesterday. I received a Dropbox confirmation letter from the ustraveldocs website and I am planning to go today morning itself to the consulate.

Will I be able to go ahead with Dropbox?

Comment

Originally posted by Anoop Joy View Post
        I landed in Mumbai just day before yesterday for h1 renewal and paid the VISA fees yesterday. I received a Dropbox confirmation letter from the ustraveldocs website and I am planning to go today morning itself to the consulate.

Hi Anoop, Let everyone else here know if you are able to use the Dropbox facility.
        Good Luck.
        Hope you get your visa stamped.

Comment

I was scheduled to travel to India this weekend for 3 weeks to get my stamping done. With so much uncertainty around, I do not think its worth taking the risk of travelling now , unless its absolutely necessary.

I attended a a conference call today where a few Attorneys who provide immigration services towards the east coast were putting some light on the EO. They said one thing with absolute confidence ; If your visa is expired and you are traveling to India (or that matter any country), since the IWP stands suspended, its just not worth taking the risk. If you are completely clean on your documents and are willing to stay back for a while(no clarity on what that WHILE could be), then you can take the chances.
          I would still want to get more opinions on the same.

Comment

Please do let us know how it goes for you so that all who are due for dropbox can plan accordingly. All the best, hope you are already stamped by now

Comment

Anoop, please do share your dropbox experience. I am in same boat planning to travel to India second week of february.

Thanks
              Asif

Comment

Originally posted by suhaan2015 View Post
                Hi Anoop, Let everyone else here know if you are able to use the Dropbox facility.
                Good Luck.
                Hope you get your visa stamped.
                Hi all... I went to Mumbai dropbox location today and submitted my documents.

I asked the person who collected my documents about the EO. She said that "dropbox is still there for H1". I was a little confused as the EO clearly said otherwise. But anyways I didn't have an option other than submitting my documents. She told me the processing may take up to 4 working days. So, hoping for the best!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X