Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent H1B Visa interview cases and tracker

Hi all,

I started this thread to know the experience, outcome and status of recent H1B Visa interview specially after President's EO i.e. 1/30/2017. Though the EO is not impacting India as such but it might impact issuance or delay in issuing Visa considering new administration view's on H1B. Will appreciate if you could post your case, experience, outcome and status (after 1/30/2017) which may help others. Please update with following info.

- Consulate City.
    - Date applied.
    - Drop Box or interview person
    - Approved or 221g or other?
    - If issued, how long it took. Date of Issue.
    - If under 221g or AP then current status
    - Employee/Employer status i.e. direct client or 3rd party.
    - Company name ( if big or mid size or small) with number of employee
    - Questions asked during Interview.
    - 140 approved?

Thanks.

Originally posted by chandermalik View Post
    Hi all,

I started this thread to know the experience, outcome and status of recent H1B Visa interview specially after President's EO i.e. 1/30/2017. Though the EO is not impacting India as such but it might impact issuance or delay in issuing Visa considering new administration view's on H1B. Will appreciate if you could post your case, experience, outcome and status (after 1/30/2017) which may help others. Please update with following info.

- Consulate City.
    - Date applied.
    - Drop Box or interview person
    - Approved or 221g or other?
    - If issued, how long it took. Date of Issue.
    - If under 221g or AP then current status
    - Employee/Employer status i.e. direct client or 3rd party.
    - Company name ( if big or mid size or small) with number of employee
    - Questions asked during Interview.
    - 140 approved?

Thanks.
    Hi, I applied my H1B visa stamping on Sunday(29th Feb). Got the interview date for Today(1st Feb,2017) at Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and the VO approved my case. I checked my visa status and it is already on 'Issued' state on their website so i should receive my passport soon.

the VO didn't ask for anything special except petition and a job offer letter I had from my employer. I have a Pakistani passport so i was expecting a lot of scrutiny but unexpectedly, it went pretty smooth and easy.

She just asked about my qualifications and a little bit about what i do. That´s it. I think applying from Brazil also made a difference.

My employer company is pretty big (20k+ employees). Good luck to all. Just make sure you carry all necessary documents with you and you accurately fill in DS-160 with correct details with no ambiguity and it should be OK. I brought with me the following documents.

experience letters from my current and previous employers
    bank statement
    salary slips
    Original degree and transcripts
    CV
    my original marriage certificate(since i also applied for my Wife and Son)
    my son´s original birth certificate.
    Offer letter from my Employer in US
    Original petition.

Thanks alot.
    Faheem

Comment

Originally posted by faheemminhas View Post
      Hi, I applied my H1B visa stamping on Sunday(29th Feb). Got the interview date for Today(1st Feb,2017) at Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and the VO approved my case. I checked my visa status and it is already on 'Issued' state on their website so i should receive my passport soon.

the VO didn't ask for anything special except petition and a job offer letter I had from my employer. I have a Pakistani passport so i was expecting a lot of scrutiny but unexpectedly, it went pretty smooth and easy.

She just asked about my qualifications and a little bit about what i do. That´s it. I think applying from Brazil also made a difference.

My employer company is pretty big (20k+ employees). Good luck to all. Just make sure you carry all necessary documents with you and you accurately fill in DS-160 with correct details with no ambiguity and it should be OK. I brought with me the following documents.

experience letters from my current and previous employers
      bank statement
      salary slips
      Original degree and transcripts
      CV
      my original marriage certificate(since i also applied for my Wife and Son)
      my son´s original birth certificate.
      Offer letter from my Employer in US
      Original petition.

Thanks alot.
      Faheem
      Thanks Faheem for updating. Glad you got without any issue.

Comment

Visa issued on Drop box

Updating one of my colleague case. He has dropped papers in drop box on Jan 30th and got the VISA issued status on Feb 1st. Employed with 10 K employees company and direct client.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X