Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Query on change of employer petition (H1B)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query on change of employer petition (H1B)

Hi

I need help in figuring out if there's a maximum limit on number of days/months within which one must move to the new employer after the H1B Transfer petition has been approved.

Example: I am in the US with my current employer on a valid H1B. New Employer initiated and got approval for H1B on (say) 1st Dec 2016, with expiry date on I797A being Dec 2019. Is there a stipulated number of days within which I should move to the new employer, such as 30 or 60 days? Is there any such restriction imposed by USCIS?

Due to personal reasons if I had to delay my joining date from 15th Dec'16 and move it to 1st Feb 2017, am I allowed to do that? Does the I797A with the new employer still hold good?

Thanks

Originally posted by bingir View Post
    Hi

I need help in figuring out if there's a maximum limit on number of days/months within which one must move to the new employer after the H1B Transfer petition has been approved.

Example: I am in the US with my current employer on a valid H1B. New Employer initiated and got approval for H1B on (say) 1st Dec 2016, with expiry date on I797A being Dec 2019. Is there a stipulated number of days within which I should move to the new employer, such as 30 or 60 days? Is there any such restriction imposed by USCIS?

Due to personal reasons if I had to delay my joining date from 15th Dec'16 and move it to 1st Feb 2017, am I allowed to do that? Does the I797A with the new employer still hold good?

Thanks
    You can join them as long as their petition is valid.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X