Need some help Veena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help Veena

I am on H4 status at present and I want to apply for H1 this year.But the problem is I had to go to India this Nov, so can I choose the start date on H1 as Jan 2007 and safely enter back into U.S with the H4 status at the end of Nov and then attend the consualte at Canada or Mexico for the H1 stamping.I am really confused because some say that we can do that way and some say not advisable.Awaiting reply because its time to apply for the H1 and I have to choose the start date on H1 based on your advice

Hi

It is advicable not to travel after you recieve H1 Petition.....U can travel to india once your visa gets convert....Try to get appointments in the month of oct'ber at canada are mexico...

Srinni
    Srinni

Comment

Thanks Srini.But the problem is it will take some time to get my SSN and then generation of paystubs.I heard that it is advisable to carry atleast two paystubs to the consulate.Please advice

Originally posted by srinni
      Hi

It is advicable not to travel after you recieve H1 Petition.....U can travel to india once your visa gets convert....Try to get appointments in the month of oct'ber at canada are mexico...

Srinni

Comment

plz help me..

www.compconsults.com is the company(website) in USA that is going to file my H1B. Can any one help me in giving information abt tht company status whether its good or not (is it genune.... is that in block list))..actually that company has 70 employees.. is it worthfull to file H1b from that company.. plz enuire abt that company (in USA) ..
        thanx..
        giri

Comment

Originally posted by madhuvorug
          I am on H4 status at present and I want to apply for H1 this year.But the problem is I had to go to India this Nov, so can I choose the start date on H1 as Jan 2007 and safely enter back into U.S with the H4 status at the end of Nov and then attend the consualte at Canada or Mexico for the H1 stamping.I am really confused because some say that we can do that way and some say not advisable.Awaiting reply because its time to apply for the H1 and I have to choose the start date on H1 based on your advice

If you have a H1B approved by the time you travel out of US, then you will surely need a H1B visa to re-enter US, because in most of the cases, the H1B petition will be filed with the change of status petition. And if you travel outside US when the COS petition is pending, then again you will have to travel out of US and re-enter with the Visa stamping to start working on H1B. If you have already commenced working after a successful COS, then you will qualify for an emergency appointment for your visa stamping in India.
          VEENA
          (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

I have one query, in addition to this. Does Madhu have to go outside to get visa to start working on H1 visa OR she can start working on I-797 (H1 approval) and whenever she goes outside US in future, she will get the visa does that time.

I mean, can't she work once she get the H1B (I-797) approval. What I understand is that visa is for entry purpose only.

I would appreciate if anyone can clarify my query ?

FYI: My wife is in the same situation.

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X