Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eligible for Dropbox? H4 expired, I-94 expired.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ikiranp View Post
    Hi

Please, any update from your side. Hope your wife VISA processing was good.

Thanks
    She reached to India on Monday and gave the documents to Dropbox location.

Please be informed that they will not allow any extra supporting letters like why you missed filing extension or your employer letter regarding this.
    In short they will take only those documents which are listed in Dropbox documents list.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mcasanket View Post

Please be informed that they will not allow any extra supporting letters like why you missed filing extension or your employer letter regarding this.
      In short they will take only those documents which are listed in Dropbox documents list.

Thanks
      Hi

Thanks for update.
      Today we received receipt copy in mail. We are planning to travel to India next week. Please keep posted.

Thanks
      Kiran

Comment

Hi

Thanks for update.
        Today we received receipt copy in mail. We are planning to travel to India next week. Please keep posted.

Thanks
        Kiran
        Hi

Please do you get any update? Hope all went good for you.

Thank You

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks
        Hi

Thank You

Comment

Hi
          Hi

Thank You
          Not yet. Most probably by tomorrow evening IST time we should get it.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

The status is now showing as "Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks.". This was expected but not sure how long it will take. Anyone has any idea?

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

The visa status of my wife is changed to "Issued" today. Waiting for the passport

Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

The visa status of my wife is changed to "Issued" today. Waiting for the passport

Thanks!
                Hi

Congratulation !!! This is good news and can help many other who are in same situation.

Thank you for updates.

Thanks
                Kiran

Comment

Hi,

Thanks!
                  Hi

Did you get passport with stamping?

Thanks

Comment

Resolved

Hi all,
                    Here is the whole story!

We came to know that my wife's I-94 and VISA (H4) stamp got expired 5 months before. It was my employer's as well as my mistake to not file it on time.

As my employer is a small company they don't have any specific attorney, so consulted around four lawyers regarding this matter. All of them first suggested leaving the country and coming back with the new stamping. But two of them also told to try NPT (Nunc Pro Tunc). But they also made us aware about risk associated with it. They said, as my wife has already stayed 5 months unlawfully and the NPT will take around another 4 to 5 months to be processed. So by the time the NPT result comes, my wife will accumulate almost 11 months. Just in case the decision is negative then my wife will be blocked for 3 years. However there is again a way to fight for this. But we don't want to do all these as this process is expensive as well as risky.

As I moved from another state, my H1 was in amendment state in a normal processing. So one lawyer suggested putting request with USCIS to process my H1B in premium processing and club my wife’s I-539 along with it. We did the same. My wife’s I-539 was not approved but luckily my H1 got processed in premium and approved. When we called USCIS asked why they did not process I539 in premium even they were filed together they said it can be processed in premium only if H1 and I-539 both filed together in premium. But my H1 was already in amendment in normal process, So they didn’t approve.

We decided to go back and come with new stamping. My wife stared on 25-Feb-2017 from Florida to Hyderabad, India. On 27th Monday she went for dropbox. On 3rd March (after 5 days) the status was changed to "Administrative Processing and it could take few weeks". On March 7th it changed to issued.

My wife took the I-539 receipt, letter from my employer about this mistake, my I-797 and other supporting documents like client letters and all. She kept I-539 and employer letter to show on the Airport just in case she gets into trouble. During the dropbox they didn’t accept any extra document like I-539 receipt, letter from my employer etc…

On 9th March, my wife started from Hyderabad and reached to port of entry Dallas, TX . She cleared a immigration with no questions asked. She reached FL on the same day.

Long story short:

Stamp and I-94 expired: 05-Sep-2016

Came to know about it on: 10-Feb-2017 (unlawful 158 days)

Left for India on: 25-Feb-2017 (unlawful 174 days)

Went for Dropbox on: 27-Feb-2017

Status changed to “Administrative Processing” on: 03-Mar-2017

Status changed to Issued on: 07-Mar-2017

Collected passport on: 08-Mar-2017

Stared from Hyderabad on: 09-Mar-2017

Reached Dallas, TX on: 09-Mar-2017 (Cleared immigration smoothly)

Also while travelling back to home country with your expired VISA or I-539 make sure you don’t book any flights that fly via Europe. They will not allow you to board the plane. We booked Qatar but Indian Airlines is also fine.

Thanks and all the best!
                    Last edited by mcasanket; 03-10-2017, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Hi all,
                      Here is the whole story!

We came to know that my wife's I-94 and VISA (H4) stamp got expired 5 months before. It was my employer's as well as my mistake to not file it on time.

As my employer is a small company they don't have any specific attorney, so consulted around four lawyers regarding this matter. All of them first suggested leaving the country and coming back with the new stamping. But two of them also told to try NPT (Nunc Pro Tunc). But they also made us aware about risk associated with it. They said, as my wife has already stayed 5 months unlawfully and the NPT will take around another 4 to 5 months to be processed. So by the time the NPT result comes, my wife will accumulate almost 11 months. Just in case the decision is negative then my wife will be blocked for 3 years. However there is again a way to fight for this. But we don't want to do all these as this process is expensive as well as risky.

As I moved from another state, my H1 was in amendment state in a normal processing. So one lawyer suggested putting request with USCIS to process my H1B in premium processing and club my wife’s I-539 along with it. We did the same. My wife’s I-539 was not approved but luckily my H1 got processed in premium and approved. When we called USCIS asked why they did not process I539 in premium even they were filed together they said it can be processed in premium only if H1 and I-539 both filed together in premium. But my H1 was already in amendment in normal process, So they didn’t approve.

We decided to go back and come with new stamping. My wife stared on 25-Feb-2017 from Florida to Hyderabad, India. On 27th Monday she went for dropbox. On 3rd March (after 5 days) the status was changed to "Administrative Processing and it could take few weeks". On March 7th it changed to issued.

My wife took the I-539 receipt, letter from my employer about this mistake, my I-797 and other supporting documents like client letters and all. She kept I-539 and employer letter to show on the Airport just in case she gets into trouble. During the dropbox they didn’t accept any extra document like I-539 receipt, letter from my employer etc…

On 9th March, my wife started from Hyderabad and reached to port of entry Dallas, TX . She cleared a immigration with no questions asked. She reached FL on the same day.

Long story short:

Also while travelling back to home country with your expired VISA or I-539 make sure you don’t book any flights that fly via Europe. They will not allow you to board the plane. We booked Qatar but Indian Airlines is also fine.

Thanks and all the best!
                      Thank you for details.

We are in same situation and wife travel to India on 13th March (40th day after i94 Expiry) and went for Drop-box on 19th March. Drop-Box status changed to "Administrative processing" on 27th March. Hope so, further status will update soon.

Thank You

Comment

Thank you for details.

We are in same situation and wife travel to India on 13th March (40th day after i94 Expiry) and went for Drop-box on 19th March. Drop-Box status changed to "Administrative processing" on 27th March. Hope so, further status will update soon.

Thank You
                        Any updates?

Thanks

Comment

H4 Expired

Hi Sanket,

Can you please confirm that " We need to mention overstay in DS 160 along with the reason?

Regards,
                          Geetesh

Comment

Resolved

Hi all,
                            Here is the whole story!

Long story short:

Thanks and all the best!
                            Not sure what you mean by traveling to home country with expired visa or i-539 flying through Europe. Going back home, they have never checked any documents. You don't need any Visa to travel to your home country. It is only when we come back to the USA that they check our visa status at the immigration post in India and then in the connecting country.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X