Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport Missing at US consulate

Hi Veena,
    I had submitted all my documents along with my passport through VFS drop box 2 weeks back. Last week i had received a call from US consulate saying that my passport was missing !!!! and they reconfirm with me that i had submitted or not. I had send a detailed email to US consulate and still waiting for their reply. FYI: I had visited India only for stamping and i have been working at Malaysia for the past few years. Without my passport i cannt go back to Malaysia . What i suppose to do now..!!! I am much worried about my passport.
    Thanks
    Sethu

Keep calling them if you have submitted your passport. If you still get a negetive reply, file a complaint with the local police and apply for a new passport. Dont sue US consulate. Go back to the consulate as soon as you get the passport and get all the stampings again.

Originally posted by IndianTiger
    Hi Veena,
    I had submitted all my documents along with my passport through VFS drop box 2 weeks back. Last week i had received a call from US consulate saying that my passport was missing !!!! and they reconfirm with me that i had submitted or not. I had send a detailed email to US consulate and still waiting for their reply. FYI: I had visited India only for stamping and i have been working at Malaysia for the past few years. Without my passport i cannt go back to Malaysia . What i suppose to do now..!!! I am much worried about my passport.
    Thanks
    Sethu

Comment

Thanks

I am calling them daily to get the updates.

Comment

Hi,
        Please check with the VFS also as to whether they can trace your passport. It has happened earlier in a case I know. The VFS misplaced the passport and sent it back to the candidate later.
        You can't anyways sue the consulate because they enjoy "diplomatic immunity". Just aply for a new passport after filing an FIR with the police.
        VEENA
        (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Dont worry INDIAN TIGER

Hi,
          BOTH OF US ARE SAILING IN THE SAME BOAT.
          I too recd. the call from US consulate saying that my passport is missing. But i checked up with VFS.They ensured me that the passport is with the US consulate. So u can also try the same thing.

But im yet to get my passport which i had submitted on the 8th of feb'06.

gud luck.

Ramesh Krishnan.

Comment

No response

Hi Friends,
            I had send two emails to us consulate until now i didnt get any updates on my (missing) passport and i m calling them daily. I am more worried about my passport. Dont know what to do. Should i have to apply for a duplicate one if so, is it possible to get a letter from US consulate would state that my passport was missing or i have to wait for their response.!!!!

I had lost my interest on my H1B visa now all i want is my passport so that i can go back to Malaysia

Regards
            Last edited by IndianTiger; 04-16-2006, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Thank God

Last week I got a call from US Consulate and they ensured that they found my passport...Thank you very much for your replies..

Regards
              Sethu

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X