Should I stamp my visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I stamp my visa?

I am traveling to India. My H-1B visa stamp is still valid for a couple of months. If I come back before stamp gets expired, will there be any problem at port of entry?

Or should you guys advice to simply re-stamp my visa with my latest I-797 to avoid potential questions at POE by CBP officers?

Thank you for your help.

better to get h1 visa stamped

You can come back without visa stamp if you have valid i-797 but if you visiting home country and your visa stamp is going to expire soon I suggest you should renew your h1b stamp....you may qualify for dropbox. I have seen friends stamping 6months in advanced before their stamp is expiring because they are visiting India and after 1yearr of visa stamp expiration you can't qualify for dropbox and need to visit consulate and opt for personal interview with VO and spend additional day for OFC appointment. so better take dropbox option while you can.
    ____________________________________________________________ ________________________________

This is my personal opinion and not a legal advice.

Comment

one more question

Thanks for help. I decided to take dropbox option. Do I still need to file DS-160 for myself and my family members?

Comment

Originally posted by kesari View Post
        Thanks for help. I decided to take dropbox option. Do I still need to file DS-160 for myself and my family members?
        Yes for every new visa request one has to fill the ds-160 and pay the fees.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X