H-4, need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-4, need some help

I need some help clarifying a concept, perhaps anyonev cares to give his/her opinion.
    My son has a valid H-4 visa as my dependent (i have a H-1/B). We need to know if there is any legal way for him to hold a seasonal, summer job (the rest of the year he is a full time student), or if he while attending school during the regular school year, he can also work part time for couple of hrs per day (or per week).

I find hard to believe that the H-4 visa simply prohibits a person to work, at all, period...not even a menial summer job for a student.

Appreciate anyone's comments

If your son is a full-time student, change his status to F1. This will allow him to work for few hours a week/day. Later on he will have an optio n to work on OPT and change over from F1 to H1B. By then if you can apply for I485.. he will be ready to face the world without the need for a sponsoring company who are a real pain to work with(most of them with a few exceptions).

Originally posted by Franliz
    I need some help clarifying a concept, perhaps anyonev cares to give his/her opinion.
    My son has a valid H-4 visa as my dependent (i have a H-1/B). We need to know if there is any legal way for him to hold a seasonal, summer job (the rest of the year he is a full time student), or if he while attending school during the regular school year, he can also work part time for couple of hrs per day (or per week).

I find hard to believe that the H-4 visa simply prohibits a person to work, at all, period...not even a menial summer job for a student.

Appreciate anyone's comments

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X