Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa stamping after changing to new employer

Hi,

Currently i have valid H1-B visa stamped till SEP 2018 on behalf of my previous employer. I came to USA on Feb-2016 with ABC company's H1B. On Dec 2016, i transferred my H1-B to another employer and received new approved I-797A. Now i am planing to visit India on March-2017. Since i changed employer i am trying to get my H1-B visa stamping with my current employer details, for that i completed my DS-160 and paid the fee for the visa interview. When i am filling the details to book an appointment in travel docs it is asking me the below questions, what should i select for these questions. Am i eligible for interview or drop box? Please suggest me.

Q).Do you have a previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee)? ANS: Yes/No

(I selected 'Yes' because i have my previous H1-B)

Q).Was your prior H1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) annotated “Clearance Received” or “Department Authorization”? ANS: YES/No
    (I selected 'No' because my visa is annotated with "Not valid until SEP 2015")

Q).Have you ever been refused a H-1B (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) visa before? ANS: Yes/No
    (I selected 'No' because i applied only once and that is my previous H1-B, that was approved)

Q).Is your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) still valid? ANS: Yes/ Or NO

(Here i am confused, what should i select, because what ever the VISA stamping currently i have in my passport is behalf of my previous employer and it was valid till 03-SEP-2018, so what should i select in this option?). Some people saying that my visa will expire when i changed my employer, is that true ?.

Q).Was your most recent H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) issued in India after January 1, 2008? AND: Yes/NO

(I selected 'NO' because my visa was issued after 2008).

Finally- My concern is am i choosing the correct answers or not?
    Shall i go through Visa drop box (or) take appointment and attend Visa interview?

So please guide me what should i do ? Thank you in Advance.

Did you go for dropbox?

Originally posted by raga123 View Post
    Hi,

Currently i have valid H1-B visa stamped till SEP 2018 on behalf of my previous employer. I came to USA on Feb-2016 with ABC company's H1B. On Dec 2016, i transferred my H1-B to another employer and received new approved I-797A. Now i am planing to visit India on March-2017. Since i changed employer i am trying to get my H1-B visa stamping with my current employer details, for that i completed my DS-160 and paid the fee for the visa interview. When i am filling the details to book an appointment in travel docs it is asking me the below questions, what should i select for these questions. Am i eligible for interview or drop box? Please suggest me.

Q).Do you have a previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee)? ANS: Yes/No

(I selected 'Yes' because i have my previous H1-B)

Q).Was your prior H1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) annotated “Clearance Received” or “Department Authorization”? ANS: YES/No
    (I selected 'No' because my visa is annotated with "Not valid until SEP 2015")

Q).Have you ever been refused a H-1B (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) visa before? ANS: Yes/No
    (I selected 'No' because i applied only once and that is my previous H1-B, that was approved)

Q).Is your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) still valid? ANS: Yes/ Or NO

(Here i am confused, what should i select, because what ever the VISA stamping currently i have in my passport is behalf of my previous employer and it was valid till 03-SEP-2018, so what should i select in this option?). Some people saying that my visa will expire when i changed my employer, is that true ?.

Q).Was your most recent H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) issued in India after January 1, 2008? AND: Yes/NO

(I selected 'NO' because my visa was issued after 2008).

Finally- My concern is am i choosing the correct answers or not?
    Shall i go through Visa drop box (or) take appointment and attend Visa interview?

So please guide me what should i do ? Thank you in Advance.
    Hi, please share your experience, I am also in same boat.. Did you go to dropbox? I am planning to travel US with my valid visa from employer A.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X