Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 to H4 DS 160 form filing

Hi

I am filling DS 160 form for my spouse. she came to US on H4 and converted to H1 not stamped in passport. Now she is again going back to change her visa to H4 and stamping would be done in India.

My question :

1. Are you applying for the same type of visa? What should be answer Y or N as previous stamped on passport is H4 and H1 was issued in US*

2.*Are you applying in the same country or location where the visa above was issued, and is this country or location your place of principal of residence? *Y or N

3.* Date Last Visa Was Issued : is this for H1 visa which was issued in US but not stamped or H4 which was issued in India ( H4 is already expired )
    Can anyone please reply urgently.

Thanks

can anyone reply to these questions. appreciated your early response

Originally posted by reach_neerpal View Post
    Hi

I am filling DS 160 form for my spouse. she came to US on H4 and converted to H1 not stamped in passport. Now she is again going back to change her visa to H4 and stamping would be done in India.

My question :

1. Are you applying for the same type of visa? What should be answer Y or N as previous stamped on passport is H4 and H1 was issued in US*

2.*Are you applying in the same country or location where the visa above was issued, and is this country or location your place of principal of residence? *Y or N

3.* Date Last Visa Was Issued : is this for H1 visa which was issued in US but not stamped or H4 which was issued in India ( H4 is already expired )

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by reach_neerpal View Post
      Hi

My question :

Thanks
      Did your spouse's employer apply for H4 to H1 change of status when he/she was in US? If that is the case then H1 is not a visa. That is the status you got when you were in US. You should answer to these questions considering your last visa was H4.
      This is just my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by SKDS160 View Post
        Did your spouse's employer apply for H4 to H1 change of status when he/she was in US? If that is the case then H1 is not a visa. That is the status you got when you were in US. You should answer to these questions considering your last visa was H4.
        Thanks so much

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X