Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to transfer a revoked H1B ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to transfer a revoked H1B ?

My H1B has been approved on AUG 2016 and stamping has also been done in NOV 2016 for 3 years(till 2019). I am still in
    India but my employer has terminated me on Jan 2017 and I have received the revocation mail from USCIS as below:

On February 17, 2017, we revoked the approval of your case,and mailed you a revocation notice. It explains the reasons
    for our action. Please follow the instructions
    in the notice and submit any requested materials. If you do not receive your revocation notice by March 3, 2017,
    please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice

I am not clear on this and would like to know the actual meaning of it? Does USCIS has revoked my H1B permanently? or Can I
    go with any other employer and would be able to process H1B in Cap exempt category. Is it possible to transfer H1B after it has been revoked by previous employer.If so, please let me know do i need to go for stamping again?

Thanks!!

You may be able to use the new 60 day grace period. It allows you up to 60 days to stay and find a job in case of termination.
    I am not an expert on this so please do more research.

As always, consult with an attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by maxxx View Post
      You may be able to use the new 60 day grace period. It allows you up to 60 days to stay and find a job in case of termination.
      I am not an expert on this so please do more research.

As always, consult with an attorney.
      Hi, thanks for your response...I think 60 days grace period is for those who are already in US right? But I did not come to US till now. I am still in India.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X