Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-140 approved but new employer does not file PERM

Hello,
    I have a question. With new I-140 rule pls let me know if the below scenario is possible?

1. I got my I-140 approved and 180 days have already passed so I-140 cannot be revoked by original filing employer.
    2. Then I change employer but the new employer does not file PERM and I-140

Now if I stay with the new employer, can I still extend my H1B above 6 years with 'already approved I-140" by old employer???
    Last edited by aswini1984; 03-02-2017, 06:02 PM.

Any answer to my question above ?

Any answer to my question above ??

Comment

Yes, your new employer can use previous approval I-140 for future H1B extension

Comment

Is there a limit to how long the old priority date remains valid?

Originally posted by aswini1984 View Post
        Hello,
        I have a question. With new I-140 rule pls let me know if the below scenario is possible?

1. I got my I-140 approved and 180 days have already passed so I-140 cannot be revoked by original filing employer.
        2. Then I change employer but the new employer does not file PERM and I-140

Now if I stay with the new employer, can I still extend my H1B above 6 years with 'already approved I-140" by old employer???
        Hi, hope your situation improved, I have another question, with you having approved PERM and the new Employer not filing for PERM and I-140. Is there a limit to how long the old priority date sticks? that way you can work on finding "another" employer who you trust, to file PERM and I-140, will your old Priority Date still apply when this new employer files for PERM? ..If you or anyone know this please let me know.

I have a an offer from TCS, my PERM is approved, TCS told me that they will file for PERM but there's a lot of bad vibe against TCS, that unlikely they will file PERM even if they say so initially.

Comment

My i140 is apparoved I am afraid to go FT to TCS

pls help me know if TCS is processing GC because my i140 is approved with my current employer

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by rohitsoni View Post
          Hi, hope your situation improved, I have another question, with you having approved PERM and the new Employer not filing for PERM and I-140. Is there a limit to how long the old priority date sticks? that way you can work on finding "another" employer who you trust, to file PERM and I-140, will your old Priority Date still apply when this new employer files for PERM? ..If you or anyone know this please let me know.

I have a an offer from TCS, my PERM is approved, TCS told me that they will file for PERM but there's a lot of bad vibe against TCS, that unlikely they will file PERM even if they say so initially.
          Did TCS file your GC ? I am now in the same bote.

Comment

H1 Extension

Yes. You can use the benefits of AC 21 rule and get extension in 3 year spells. But, when the priority date becomes current, your previous employer should file I-485 or you should have a PERM/I-140 filed by a new employer porting your priority date.
            Raj

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X