Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa revoked..!!!

Hello guys..
    I am from India and want to share a terrible experience with you all which happened with me recently. I got my H1B visa approved on 10th January 2017 and received my passport with valid visa on 6th February. My wife got her H4 visa as well. We were so excited and happy that now our dreams will com true. We took our flight from New delhi, India to Chicago on 21st feburary and landed at Chicago O'Hare international airport on 22nd feburary. As we went to the immigration counter for our clearance the officer asked us to show our passports, took our fingerprints and form I-797. Then he asked us to follow him to the border and customs protection department for the interview. When we went there we were made to sit a big hall then me and my wife were interviewed separately. When the custom officer started questioning me I felt something is wrong as if he was not happy with the fact that me not from an IT industry has got H1B visa. Because he told me that it is really strange that someone from hotel industry has come on H1B and asked will I apply for green card in future. I said I went there because me and my employer believe that I have all the necessary qualification and experience that I deserve to be here and I was there just to gain some experience so that I could benefit myself in future if I want to start my own business in India and I have no intentions to stay in US permanently. The custom officer was not satisfied with any of my response infact he started accusing me that I have a **** visa and all my documents are **** . The officer told that he even spoke to my employer and someone in the hotel and they are not expecting anyone by my name. He confiscated my phone for scanning. He even confiscated my documents and company offer letter and when asked he straight away denied that he does not have them. He threatened my wife by saying that if we do not accept that we are fraud and were trying to enter US illegally he would put me in jail for 5 years and will bar my wife as well. It was a complete mental torture for 8 hours with no food and water . We were treated like criminals. My employer called and told the officer to release me but the officer didn't tell me this infact he told my boss that the officer is going to send me back. When I requested the officer to speak to someone in US he totally denied. At last he revoked our visas and we were forcefully asked to sign deportation papers and were deported. They have ruined our future. Now no other country will grant me visa. PLEASE PLEASE help us....!! PLEASE. can anyone guide us what can we do now? We are stuck in here for no reason. PLEASE help.

Originally posted by abhinav gupta View Post
    hello guys..
    I am from india and want to share a terrible experience with you all which happened with me recently. I got my h1b visa approved on 10th january 2017 and received my passport with valid visa on 6th february. My wife got her h4 visa as well. We were so excited and happy that now our dreams will com true. We took our flight from new delhi, india to chicago on 21st feburary and landed at chicago o'hare international airport on 22nd feburary. As we went to the immigration counter for our clearance the officer asked us to show our passports, took our fingerprints and form i-797. Then he asked us to follow him to the border and customs protection department for the interview. When we went there we were made to sit a big hall then me and my wife were interviewed separately. When the custom officer started questioning me i felt something is wrong as if he was not happy with the fact that me not from an it industry has got h1b visa. Because he told me that it is really strange that someone from hotel industry has come on h1b and asked will i apply for green card in future. I said i went there because me and my employer believe that i have all the necessary qualification and experience that i deserve to be here and i was there just to gain some experience so that i could benefit myself in future if i want to start my own business in india and i have no intentions to stay in us permanently. The custom officer was not satisfied with any of my response infact he started accusing me that i have a **** visa and all my documents are **** . The officer told that he even spoke to my employer and someone in the hotel and they are not expecting anyone by my name. He confiscated my phone for scanning. He even confiscated my documents and company offer letter and when asked he straight away denied that he does not have them. He threatened my wife by saying that if we do not accept that we are fraud and were trying to enter us illegally he would put me in jail for 5 years and will bar my wife as well. It was a complete mental torture for 8 hours with no food and water . We were treated like criminals. My employer called and told the officer to release me but the officer didn't tell me this infact he told my boss that the officer is going to send me back. When i requested the officer to speak to someone in us he totally denied. At last he revoked our visas and we were forcefully asked to sign deportation papers and were deported. They have ruined our future. Now no other country will grant me visa. Please please help us....!! Please. Can anyone guide us what can we do now? We are stuck in here for no reason. Please help.
    please someone reply. My future is devastated.. M in crisis

Comment

Abhinav, sorry to hear your story. If I were in your situation I would speak to a lawyer.

Comment

What is your actual job in hotel industry

Sorry to hear that. What is your actual job in hotel industry

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X