Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4 to H1B this Year

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • H4 to H1B this Year

    Hi All,

    My wife is on H4, and planning for H1B this year
    Question is...Soon after the H1B is approved, can she work for the company or should have to wait till October end ?

  • #2
    Originally posted by vis View Post
    Hi All,

    My wife is on H4, and planning for H1B this year
    Question is...Soon after the H1B is approved, can she work for the company or should have to wait till October end ?
    02-Oct-2017 or when H1 is approved, whichever is later.

    This is my opinion not legal advice.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      02-Oct-2017 or when H1 is approved, whichever is later.

      This is my opinion not legal advice.

      Thanks Raghvi, Can't i apply COS and then start whenever that's changed? Let say H1B approved in May or June, and then applied COS and when COS gets approved

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by vis View Post
        Thanks Raghvi, Can't i apply COS and then start whenever that's changed? Let say H1B approved in May or June, and then applied COS and when COS gets approved
        Didn't understand your question.

        During H1 application you have to state whether you want it to be filed as COS or not.
        This is my opinion not legal advice.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          Didn't understand your question.

          During H1 application you have to state whether you want it to be filed as COS or not.
          This is my opinion not legal advice.
          My bad, As soon as you get H1B approved, previous state goes off in this case H4..so no point of COS plays in here...Sorry for the confusion and really appreciate your quick response.

          Comment

          Working...
          X