Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query on H1B unused years

Hi Experts,

I need your valuable suggestions related to available number of years in H1B in my scenario. I worked with employer A in year 2005-2010 and got my H1B through lottery process. I had multiple entries in US during 2007 (6 months) and 2008-2009 (18 months continuous at same US location). Total duration utilized around 24 months. Also during my travel in 2008-2009, my employer A did 1 year extension for me valid till 2010.

Later new employer B processed my H1B under CAP Exempt with reference to my earlier employer A's H1B (expired in 2010) in 2014. With new H1B with employer B, i traveled to US and utilized 2 years from till now. I have heard about "clock reset" terminology from some of my friends in case i go out of country for more than 1 year but not quiet sure on that.

Based on your expertise, please let me know how many year i have with my Employer B's applied H1B now? Will it be reset to 6 years OR will it be unused 4 years on H1B?

Thanks
    Sumit

Query on H1B unused years

Hi All,

Found below reply on another forum:

The clock has not been reset. You used the same 6-year-H1 when you entered with the transferred H1.

The clock would only have been reset if company B had filed an H1 under the quota.

Thanks
    Sumit

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X