Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help H4 to H1 to H4 again

Hello Friends,
    My Wife had arrived to US in 2015 on H4 Visa that was valid till Sept 2, 2017.
    Later in April 2015 she found a consultant who filed her H1B visa, that started from October 2015.
    but she never actually got a project, so she never worked on H1-B visa till date.
    Now my employer is filing for my H1 B visa extension, and told me that she is out of status now, and she needs to go outside the country and get her H4 Visa stamped again.
    Since her origional H4 visa is still valid, does she needs to take an interview at US consulate to get her H1-b visa stamped ?

Any help in this request will be highly appreciated.

Originally posted by vinmechanic View Post
    Hello Friends,
    My Wife had arrived to US in 2015 on H4 Visa that was valid till Sept 2, 2017.
    Later in April 2015 she found a consultant who filed her H1B visa, that started from October 2015.
    but she never actually got a project, so she never worked on H1-B visa till date.
    Now my employer is filing for my H1 B visa extension, and told me that she is out of status now, and she needs to go outside the country and get her H4 Visa stamped again.
    Since her origional H4 visa is still valid, does she needs to take an interview at US consulate to get her H1-b visa stamped ?

Any help in this request will be highly appreciated.
    On which visa does she intend to come back?

Comment

Hi Raghvi,
      she intends to come back on H4, she is planning to travel and come back before end of this month.
      Her H4 is valid till September 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by vinmechanic View Post
        Hi Raghvi,
        she intends to come back on H4, she is planning to travel and come back before end of this month.
        Her H4 is valid till September 2017.
        Then why does she need to get herself H1 stamped? If she intends to come back on H4 and has a valid H4, she need not go for additional stamping.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X