Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travel on F-1 while H1B application is applied.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel on F-1 while H1B application is applied.

Hi,

I am currently on OPT STEM and it is valid till Oct.7, 2017 and my F-1 is valid till 2018. I will be applying for H1B this year. I am planning to travel to India during the month of May and June 2017 due to some important reason. I was planning to apply for premium processing, but that has been suspended for now. I need some clarification and information about my doubts below.

1.) I have heard that only COS(Change of Status) is abandoned, but the H1B petition is still processed(may be approved or denied). Is this true and will that not have an impact on my H1B filing?

2.) If COS is only abandoned, then can I ask my employer to re-apply for COS after coming back?

3.) If I cannot apply for COS again, will I be eligible for consular processing and when should I get it done?

4.) Will I be able to enter the country with F-1 visa and SEVIS showing that I having applied for H1B?

I will really appreciate your responses to my questions.

Thanks,

Can someone please help me with the queries I have mentioned in my post. I would really appreciate a reply.

Thanks,
    Jai

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X