Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I797 B Issued on relocation amendment without I94 details

Hello,

My original H1B petition was filed for Atlanta, Georgia. I had to travel for another project (from India) at Union, New Jersey.

My company filed relocation amendment for me before my travel.
    I traveled to USA on May 6, 2016 after I got my receipt notice for relocation amendment. I have original I-94 with me with same end date (April 30, 2018) as that on my original petition.
    Two days ago, I got my approval notice for my relocation amendment. This approval notice is I-797B and it doesn't have my I-94 entry on it. And also consulate location is mentioned as Mumbai there. One of my own colleague who came to US one month before me with similar status got relocation amendment in the form of I-797A and with I-94 entry on it.

Can anyone please guide me if I have to go for stamping again? I consulted two lawyers, one says I should immediately go to India for stamping, other says I am okay since I have original I-94 with April 30, 2018 expiry. Also if I have to go for stamping again, do I have to go the Consulate location (Mumbai) mentioned on I-797B or can I do it in Canada as well?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by apj5587 View Post
    Hello,

My original H1B petition was filed for Atlanta, Georgia. I had to travel for another project (from India) at Union, New Jersey.

My company filed relocation amendment for me before my travel.
    I traveled to USA on May 6, 2016 after I got my receipt notice for relocation amendment. I have original I-94 with me with same end date (April 30, 2018) as that on my original petition.
    Two days ago, I got my approval notice for my relocation amendment. This approval notice is I-797B and it doesn't have my I-94 entry on it. And also consulate location is mentioned as Mumbai there. One of my own colleague who came to US one month before me with similar status got relocation amendment in the form of I-797A and with I-94 entry on it.

Can anyone please guide me if I have to go for stamping again? I consulted two lawyers, one says I should immediately go to India for stamping, other says I am okay since I have original I-94 with April 30, 2018 expiry. Also if I have to go for stamping again, do I have to go the Consulate location (Mumbai) mentioned on I-797B or can I do it in Canada as well?

Thanks in advance.
    When is your current H1 visa stamp in the passport expiring?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      When is your current H1 visa stamp in the passport expiring?
      It is expiring on April 30, 2018. It has same end date as that on my I-94, VISA approval notice and relocation amendment approval notice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X