X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer

Hi All,

I have a strange situation.

I came to US with H1B of company A. Then after 7-8 months i changed to company B. I am currently working for company B. I have a valid I94 from company B which i got when my transfer was done. But in my Passport i still have H1B of company A stamped, ie i have not yet stamped the H1B of company B in my passport.
    Now I have applied for a transfer of H1B to company C and continue to work in comany B.

I have everything including Paystubs, I94s ( company A and B) etc and so far the case is a clean case.

my questions are as follows:

1. Can i continue to work in company B even after the H1B transfer to company C from company B?
    2. If i travel to India (ie out of US) before i start working for company C then do i have to comeback after stamping H1B of company B? Will there be an issue becuase i have already applied for a transfer to company C?
    3. Is it possible to cancel the transfer of H1b to company C from company B after the transfer is approved or before the transfer is approved. ( transfer is already filed and i have the reciept no).

Your opinions and guidance in this will be very helpful.

Have a great time.!!

Cheers!!

Hi,
    If you have a valid H1B visa stamp on your passport, you can re-enter by showing the old stamp and the new approval, and proof that you are presently working for the employer whose I 797 you are presenting to the Immigration Officers at the POE. this can be in the form of a recent letter from the employer confirming your employment with them.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

clarification needed to Veena's reply

Hi Veena,

So you are saying that while my passport has company A's stamping i can show company B's I94 and approveal and a letter from them saying that i am working for company B and re enter US without getting company B's stamping done in my passport. And if yes does this also hold true if transfer to company C is approved and the I94 issued?..Can i still say that i am working for Company B( which is true) show the I94 for company B and their official letter veryfying my employment and re enter US??

Please clarify.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X