Applying for fresh H1B after completion of 6 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for fresh H1B after completion of 6 years

My H1B visa expired on 25th November , 2016 after completion of 6 yrs and I am currently in India . Am I eligible to apply for a fresh H1B in the current cycle i.e by April 2017 and then re-enter US after November 25th , 2017 provided the petition is selected or do I have to wait till April 2018 to apply for a fresh H1B petition ? Please let me know .

Originally posted by Sumante View Post
    My H1B visa expired on 25th November , 2016 after completion of 6 yrs and I am currently in India . Am I eligible to apply for a fresh H1B in the current cycle i.e by April 2017 and then re-enter US after November 25th , 2017 provided the petition is selected or do I have to wait till April 2018 to apply for a fresh H1B petition ? Please let me know .
    You have to wait till April 2018.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Applying for fresh H1B after completion of 6 years

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      You have to wait till April 2018.

Thanks for your response !!

So that essentially means that someone might have to wait for almost 2 years before they can travel back to the US in H1B after completion of 6 years .

If I apply in April 2018 , then I can travel after October, 2018 at the earliest which is 1.5 yrs from now .

Please confirm if my understanding is correct .

Comment

Originally posted by Sumante View Post
        Thanks for your response !!

So that essentially means that someone might have to wait for almost 2 years before they can travel back to the US in H1B after completion of 6 years .

If I apply in April 2018 , then I can travel after October, 2018 at the earliest which is 1.5 yrs from now .

Please confirm if my understanding is correct .
        Yes. It all depends on when was your last day in US.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X