I94 extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I94 extension

Hi.. I came to US on Feb 2016 in H4 VISA and I got the I94 till June 2017 as my passport is expiring in June 2017. My H4 is valid till Sept 2018. I have now renewed my passport. I wanted to extend my I94.
    Do I need to apply I539 on my own or should I go via attorney? Also, can I walk in to CBP and get my I94 updated?
    Few suggested that I travel out of country and when I get back my I94 will be updated but I do not want to travel.
    Can anybody please help me out?

Thanks.

Originally posted by suji_r4 View Post
    Hi.. I came to US on Feb 2016 in H4 VISA and I got the I94 till June 2017 as my passport is expiring in June 2017. My H4 is valid till Sept 2018. I have now renewed my passport. I wanted to extend my I94.
    Do I need to apply I539 on my own or should I go via attorney? Also, can I walk in to CBP and get my I94 updated?
    Few suggested that I travel out of country and when I get back my I94 will be updated but I do not want to travel.
    Can anybody please help me out?

Thanks.
    You pretty much self answered. If you do not wish to travel, then go to nearest CBP office and ask. If they do not extend, then I539 is the only thing to do. Do it before your current I94 expires.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X