Please help on my H1b question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help on my H1b question

I got my H1B Visa in 2014 valid till Sep 2017. I haven't got any opportunity to travel until this last December. Then I amended the petition on role & location and traveled to US with approved revised LCA reflecting my new role and client.

Now I have 2 questions.

1. If I want to file dependent visa for my wife, should I have use the original petition number or amended one on DS 160? I haven't received the approval for amended petition yet. If I file with original approved petition (2014) then the location will not match. Is it okay?

2. If I want to do renewal, then should I have to file the original petition? If yes then the information in the original petition and the PRD, CV that I got to submit will not match? Is it still fine?

3. My another friend told that I have to premium on the amended petition to get it quicker and then go for extension of it. Is it true?

Thanks
    Saravanan

help

I am so much confused on this as I am getting different view on different people. Can someone please help?

Comment

Originally posted by saravanan06011987 View Post
      I got my H1B Visa in 2014 valid till Sep 2017. I haven't got any opportunity to travel until this last December. Then I amended the petition on role & location and traveled to US with approved revised LCA reflecting my new role and client.

Now I have 2 questions.

1. If I want to file dependent visa for my wife, should I have use the original petition number or amended one on DS 160? I haven't received the approval for amended petition yet. If I file with original approved petition (2014) then the location will not match. Is it okay?

2. If I want to do renewal, then should I have to file the original petition? If yes then the information in the original petition and the PRD, CV that I got to submit will not match? Is it still fine?

3. My another friend told that I have to premium on the amended petition to get it quicker and then go for extension of it. Is it true?

Thanks
      Saravanan
      Did you never get the approval for the amendment?

Premium processing has been currently suspended so you cannot file for it now.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X