Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 EAD to H1b reactivation - can you continue the work on H1B receipt

I have a situation here and hoping experts here will be able to help-

Currently I am working on L2 EAD valid till May end. My husband's L1-B extension was denied and hence i couldn't request extension my EAD now.

I had my H1B earlier which was expired but unused. Hence my employer filed for my H1-B cap exempt reactivation for which we have a received the receipt couple of days ago.

Now my question here is -
    1) Am i allowed to work on H1B receipt until a decision is made even after my EAD expiration? 2) What is my current status - L2 or H1b- Is there a way i can check?

My employer says "You are eligible to work on this receipt until a decision is made (max. of 8 months)". Kindly advise.

Thank you for all help!

Originally posted by dbus View Post
    I have a situation here and hoping experts here will be able to help-

Currently I am working on L2 EAD valid till May end. My husband's L1-B extension was denied and hence i couldn't request extension my EAD now.

I had my H1B earlier which was expired but unused. Hence my employer filed for my H1-B cap exempt reactivation for which we have a received the receipt couple of days ago.

Now my question here is -
    1) Am i allowed to work on H1B receipt until a decision is made even after my EAD expiration? 2) What is my current status - L2 or H1b- Is there a way i can check?

My employer says "You are eligible to work on this receipt until a decision is made (max. of 8 months)". Kindly advise.

Thank you for all help!
    1. No. Not until the COS to H1 is approved
    2. You are in L2 status as long you have a valid I94 and your spouse has a valid L1 I94 and is working on L1.

Your employer is not correct in asking you to work on receipt basis, that is valid only on petition transfer cases not on COS cases.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X