H1B Visa - Does my H1b visa cancelled if I appy for L1B extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa - Does my H1b visa cancelled if I appy for L1B extension

currently I am in US on L1B Visa which is expiring this September. I do have an H1b which is approved in 2015 (the petition approved until Oct 1, 2018), however I never took a stamping so far and continue on L1B as my wife is working on L2 EAD.

Now we need to either apply L1 extension or move to h1B. I wanted to check:

1. If I apply for L1 Extension and its approved; will they cancel my H1 Visa. Or I can apply for L1 extension and still hold H1B.

2. Now i have approved I-140 as well, Is there a better way to convert L2 EAD to H4 EAD so that there is no gap.

Originally posted by kkm_iitb View Post
    currently I am in US on L1B Visa which is expiring this September. I do have an H1b which is approved in 2015 (the petition approved until Oct 1, 2018), however I never took a stamping so far and continue on L1B as my wife is working on L2 EAD.

Now we need to either apply L1 extension or move to h1B. I wanted to check:

1. If I apply for L1 Extension and its approved; will they cancel my H1 Visa. Or I can apply for L1 extension and still hold H1B.

2. Now i have approved I-140 as well, Is there a better way to convert L2 EAD to H4 EAD so that there is no gap.
    Was H1 filed as COS or as Consular process?

1. What you have is only H1 petition, not H1 visa. H1 petition will not be cancelled just because L1 extension was filed.
    2. Unless you move to H1 your spouse cannot move to H4.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Was H1 filed as COS or as Consular process?

1. What you have is only H1 petition, not H1 visa. H1 petition will not be cancelled just because L1 extension was filed.
      2. Unless you move to H1 your spouse cannot move to H4.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      My H1B was applied as a consular process.

Yes, if I want to move to H1? Is there a way that my H1, her H4 and EAD be applied at same time. so that when her status changed to H4, her EAD application will also be approved around same time frame.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X