Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I go to any consulate other than Chennai?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I go to any consulate other than Chennai?

I wanted to know if I could go to Delhi/Calcutta consulates instead of Chennai. My family lives in Bangalore, I have an approved H1(8th year) and I wanted to visit India soon. The next available appointment at Chennai consulate is no sooner than September/October. Please help!

Look in ur I129 where ur jurisdiction is mentioned. Its better to apply there. If there is time constraint, you can apply to ne consulate. Should'nt be a problem.

Comment

Thank you Andy.

In my I129, it says Bangalore, Karnataka, India under Person's foreign address(Part 4). Does that mean, I have to go to Chennai consulate only?

There's no time restriction for getting it stamped.

Comment

They usually consider the appointments from people visiting India those are working in USA as emergency appointments. So the emergency appointment in Chennai may be available sooner than regular appointment.

You may also try at Delhi and justify that you are there on a vacation and coud not get appointment at Chennai(In that time frame).

Note: I am not an attorney. This is based on my observation of others getting stamping.Please get an expert opinion.

Comment

If you are working in USA more than last six months, you are elligible to apply any consulate in India.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X